8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are the Enkei Imola's painted black and these are the specs...

# Size: 17x7.5
# Offset: +50mm
# Backspacing: 6.18"
# Bolt Pattern: 5-114
# Rec. Tire Size: 215/45-17

I want to get rims that I can use with my stock tires on my 07 FG2.

Heres the link l... Thanks for any help

Enkei Performance Imola Black Painted

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
^same here offset...wth ive heard so many different things i dont really know who to believe so ill do sum info when i buy wheels but i think +35 is best...so what ive heard

·
Administrator
45,045 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Rec. tire size is the same as the stock tire size....wheels are the same size too, just 5mm less offset. Its going to be 5mm more "sucked in", shouldnt have any issues fitting it.
stock wheel is 17x7, so a 17x7.5 +50 wheel will at poke out about 1mm more than stock. You "sunk" in 5mm, but grew 6mm on each side.

ssharpshooter101
Tirerack.com has that wheel on sale. If you chose the wheel on tirerack, you can select a version of the wheel with +40 offset. That wheel should give you a more aggressive look.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ssharpshooter101
Tirerack.com has that wheel on sale. If you chose the wheel on tirerack, you can select a version of the wheel with +40 offset. That wheel should give you a more aggressive look.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how to order them in the +40 offset, maybe i have to call them?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm not sure how to order them in the +40 offset, maybe i have to call them?
call them, their number is on the banner on top,
or
click the tirerack ad above,
then chose your car, chose the wheels, chose 17" wheel. at that point, there is a drop down menu where you can select two different types of 17x7.5 imola wheels, pick the one with 40 offset.

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
A lower offset will push your wheel out farther. So it will be more flush with the fender. A higher offset will have the wheel sitting inside the fender farther. I believe stock offset is between +43-+48. Be careful going with too low of an offset as you may have to run some negative camber in order to prevent rubbing.

Here read this thread. it will be very helpful in purchaseing wheels.

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/wheel-tire-upgrades/138283-official-wheel-fitment-manual.html

1 - 10 of 10 Posts