8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about getting Motegi Traklite wheels, 17x8 inches for my FA5. For tires, I am looking at the Bridgestone RE-01R size 225/45/17. Wondering if they will fit. Car is not dropped. Stock ride height.

Tire specs for RE-01R:
Section width: 8.9"
Tread width: 8.3"

Tire specs for 215/45/17 Goodyear F1 A/S:
Section width: 8.4"
Tread width: 7.2"

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
I'm running the 17x8, 45 offset Motegi Traklites without issue. Once my 215/45's are done I'll be upgrading to 235/40's. The guy I bought my wheels from said he ran 235/40's with no problems on his RSX-S. Just go back & look at the thread about the Si sedan HFP front lip. I posted pics of my FA5 on post #15.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
02civicsi said:
I'm running the 17x8, 45 offset Motegi Traklites without issue. Once my 215/45's are done I'll be upgrading to 235/40's. The guy I bought my wheels from said he ran 235/40's with no problems on his RSX-S. Just go back & look at the thread about the Si sedan HFP front lip. I posted pics of my FA5 on post #15.
Thanks bro. I knew you had the stock 215/45/17's on the Motegi 17x8 wheel. My concern was running an 8" wheel with a 225 section tire. I wasn't sure if it would be too wide. If your friend is running 235's, then it should be no problem. BTW, I e-mailed your friend and probably will buy from him. Thanks for the info. repped

·
Registered
57 Posts
02civicsi,

Have you got any pics of your car with the traklites mounted? I've got a white Si Sedan as well and I am seriously looking at these wheels and would like a visual.

thanks

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
geezer07 said:
Looks good. Could you notice a real difference in performance dropping that much rotating mass?
Not a huge difference but you can feel it for sure. The OEM's weigh close to 23lbs & the 17x8 Traklites weigh 15lbs. So you're talking about dropping almost 8lbs at each corner. Not only that but the Traklites look better too.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
02civicsi said:
Not a huge difference but you can feel it for sure. The OEM's weigh close to 23lbs & the 17x8 Traklites weigh 15lbs. So you're talking about dropping almost 8lbs at each corner. Not only that but the Traklites look better too.
Anytime that you significantly reduce the rotational mass, the acceleration would have to be better just as putting heavier wheels on would hurt acceleration. The Traklites simply are so good looking and so lightweight, it is hard to pass them up.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Some one said for each pound of rotational mass lost it's like loosing 14 lbs of curb weight. Don't quote that I'm guessing that was the number. If that is true then you would have just dropped the equivalent of 448 lbs with the rim change. That would probably be as noticable as when you turn off your a/c. again another guess. Any one know the the actual ratio? Nice rims by the way.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks 02!!!

hmmm...I see that the anch(sp)rite color is on "closeout". If I had them powdercoated, I wonder how much weight it would add??

1 - 20 of 21 Posts