8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im hoping someone on here already haas these wheels.
http://www.sportmaxwheel.com/sportmax_006.shtml#

Its the sportMAx 006 in gloss black with red chrome lip. Im thinking of getting either the 18x7.5 with a 2.5" lip or preferrably the 18x8.5 with a 2" lip, but im not sure which would fit. I saw these yesterday and fell in love with them. Ive done research but somehow it says it wont even tho they do have it in 5x114.3. The funny thing is that they it in back with chrome lip and it fits. Weieeeird... Anyone got ideas if it will and what offset of tires should i get? Thanks!

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
8.5" width barely fits, but it also depends on the wheel offset, tires, and your drop, if any. It'd have to be in the 35-45 offset range, and even then you cannot go any wider than 225/40/18. A drop more than Eibach springs (1") and you'll likely get rubbing.

Edit: dang site took forever to load. 18x7.5 has the bigger 2.5" lip anyways, so I'm not sure why you'd want to go with 8.5". IMO 8.5" is only for looks--it's too heavy and wide to be useful. But I doubt the 8.5" is a lower offset than 7.5"--either that or the 2" lip listed for the 8.5" lip is a typo. The wider the wheel and the higher the offset, the bigger the lip will be.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys! Im leaning towards the 7.5" wide ones. I dont have a adrop yet as of now since the car is only less than 2 weeks old. LOL but Im hoping to get the rims asap and some mods done too. thanks again!

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
NIGHTHAWKSI said:
18x7.5 42 offset should fit fine. depends if your dropped and how low though also...
Even an aggressive drop (2") should be fine with those wheels.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts