8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear god almighty!

Went today, talked to the owned and he said I can have it for MSRP. They want 5k over msrp for the one they have on display. The manager got in trouble. Since i was the 1st person to give a deposit the owner said i am entitled to MSRP no questions asked.

Now I dont know if i should be jumping for joy or not. Had me heart set on the Si. Then they crushed my dream so my heart was in getting the Z. Now the owner said sure MSRP no problem.

Ahhhhh!

Should be happy =) Getting a new car for free =P

·
Registered
805 Posts
Take the Si, you have been thinking about it more than the Z. I was pissed off to a point at one time that I was just going to say **** it and buy the RSX Type-S. But then I thought about it and its something that yes I will wait for, and will be lower and better than a Type S... dont care what those RSX fanboys say..... Its fun to read all the Si bashing going on at RSX forums....

·
Registered
805 Posts
Well the RSX is going to get a make over. The RSX fanboys are pissed because they dont get LSD's and that the CivicSi will ... I love to read when they go off on tangents about how the Si is ugly and its going to be slow... and its going to suck because its a couple pounds heavier.... great stuff to read when u want to read BS...

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
makeover my ass.... its getting killed off... the 2007 model makeover is just a speculation.

They can dream. The Si killed off the RSX=P

·
Registered
805 Posts
Well the make over is supposed to be a more powerful RSX.... Bigger engine, but at the same time its all what I have read, nothing official...

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if it does happen god bless Acura... it wont tho =\ The rsx was basically a beefed up civic. I dont understand why people who own acura's hate hondas. And why RSX people hate the new Si. Its basically the same car. Its like saying my red apple is better than your yellow apple =P

·
Registered
45 Posts
That's just speculation, I doubt that will happen. The Si is a very low volume car, it's the Halo to the Civic line - it's not Honda's Bread and Butter. The RSX is one of Acura's top sellers, and the entry to the Acura Line. I suspect a more performance oriented RSX-S at the model's next Update. I don't think Honda has any plans on letting a very limited production vehicle cannibalize an entire model line.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Kabs said:
I dont understand why people who own acura's hate hondas. And why RSX people hate the new Si. Its basically the same car. Its like saying my red apple is better than your yellow apple =P
It is probably because the Hondas are built with the same quality construction, and in the case of the RSX the same parts, but Honda owners have lower payments. :driving:

·
Registered
805 Posts
but Honda owners have lower payments. :driving:

Lower payments it a lot better. It doesnt make sense, every time I have riden in a RSX, base or Type S its had Honda written on every piece of glass in it, and on other parts too. Kind of funny if the fanboys are ignoring all the Honda stickers inside. Im sure most know its a honda, but some make the ignorant statement of it being an acura and having leather seats, it means it a million times better.

·
Registered
45 Posts
With the current Acura Lease special - the RSX has cheaper monthly payments. -By alot.

·
Registered
805 Posts
yeah, but its a lease, I would rather, and Im sure a lot of other people out there who want to mod out their car would rather buy....

·
Registered
45 Posts
40% of new vehicles sold are leased. Most people who drive RSX's leave them stock. Remember the tuner market is still a vary small minority in the car buyer market.

·
Registered
805 Posts
True, all those kids with parents who lease their cars... lol

Well Im not a fan of leasing, it just feels like having a rental for longer than a week...

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I too don't see the point in leasing a vehicle...however you look at it, you lease, you loose..
I would lease only if:
1) I'd be able to claim taxes on the car at the end of the year or..
2) unless you are pretty well off..

lol, neither one applies to me, at least for now..

·
Registered
45 Posts
I too agree with purchasing over lease. unless i'm looking at a high maintanence, high value machine..like an M3 which doesn't have a great used market value price post warranty, i'd prefer to purchase.

As far as the RSX debate. I was told from an informative source, okay..it was my brother =p that Acura would be focusing on the TSX after 2007. Bringing out a coupe version and yadda yadda yadda. To me, it makes sense for Acura to kill off the RSX for now. It lets the new SI take a lot of spot light, which is always great on a car that has such a cult following and also sets the standard for so many more. The "down time" also lets acura deliver a bigger blow when the new SI is done and over with in a couple of years, people will be wanting something to take its place. it'll become a cycle of SI to type S (civic to integra) just as it has been before right?

i dunno, i think it would be dumb to ruin the SI's moment. Plus..it would require some real advancements i think for Acura's sake, advancements that would send the price too high, again, ruining its moment and possibly hurting the SI's.

---Colin-

·
Registered
78 Posts
I too prefer to buy rather than lease. I have leased in the past, but you must abide by the mileage rules or you're skrewed!!

The RSX debate could go on forever, but the fact of the matter is, the RSX-S is a great car, and so is the SI. I have owned the RSX, and it was super fun to drive!! But the comparisons between the two cars is a mute point. It makes sense that Acura will stop production on the car, seeing that for around 4000 bucks cheaper, you can get the SI. I've read on some of the RSX sites, about which car is faster, better, bla,bla bla.... I'll make my judgements when I get my SI.......

·
Registered
342 Posts
I think in the end it will come down to this do you want to sit on cloth or cow skin for another $4k...

I give you guys credit for not trash talking the RSX in response to the other sites trash talking of our Si.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts