8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to get led reverse lights for my fg2, but ive been thinking....With an led you need to have the led be the same color as the lens for the light to come through the right way. For instance using a red led in a red brake light lens.

For a clear lens white would work best more than likely, and that is what I want, However I have my tails tinted with transparent smoked vinyl.... the darker one.

Would leds actually look less bright than the factory bulbs for me?

I really like the look of led reverse lights, crazy bright and so different, but maybe they wont work for me because of the smoked vinyl? Anyone know?

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
I have white led light on my car right now and I am getting ready to put red overlays on my tail lights, I think they might be a little brighter than stock bulbs but not much due to the tint.:woot:

·
Registered
64 Posts
In my experience, led bulbs in a reflective housing are not going to produce as much light as factory bulbs. You need a huge number of leds to equal the light output at best. The best option is led tail lights where the setup is a large panel of leds facing directly outward. But, if you are going with led bulbs, you want the same color light as the tail lens (example: red leds for red lens), otherwise, the color of the lens will simply filter out most of the light.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.