8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
5,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its a decent header and im not going to pay 800 for a skunk2. just cant jsutify spending that much for a header. the strup is replacing my comptech shorty and the full race is replacing my s2 60mm. for me this is an upgrade

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
Decent header like it's to poop on. I would rather have the Comptech shorty with a test-pipe than the Strup RH.

You don't have to spend $800 on the S2 RH, there are plenty of headers to choose from & S2 is NOT the end all of headers.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
whats wrong with strup
Nothing's wrong with Strup per se.

But why would you get a header with a (bottleneck) 2" collector and mate it with a 3" exhaust. That defeats the purpose of the larger exhaust.

·
Banned
5,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
from my research most other headers have a 2.5 collector. cant be that much of a difference. if i get a 3in exhaust with the adapter it wont matter. lets say i got a header with the 2.5 collector, i still need the adapter.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
from my research most other headers have a 2.5 collector. cant be that much of a difference. if i get a 3in exhaust with the adapter it wont matter. lets say i got a header with the 2.5 collector, i still need the adapter.
The difference between a 2" collector and 2.5" collector can be significant, especially on a boosted setup. And the collector design also plays a big part.

Also, the skunk2 and Invidia collector flange is adaptable to a 3" exhaust...so you don't need the adapter with it.

I don't understand why you'd get a top notch exhaust and a cheap header. If anything, do just the opposite and spend more on a quality header. Headers make power, not exhausts.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
The difference between a 2" collector and 2.5" collector can be significant, especially on a boosted setup. And the collector design also plays a big part.

Also, the skunk2 and Invidia collector flange is adaptable to a 3" exhaust...so you don't need the adapter with it.

I don't understand why you'd get a top notch exhaust and a cheap header. If anything, do just the opposite and spend more on a quality header. Headers make power, not exhausts.
^ exactly.

Why dont you go for a Kiddracing header? I bought one, getting it together is kind of hard (slip joints), but it makes comparable power to S2 and the other headers out there. And it's around 400 or so...

Dont cheap out. period.

·
Banned
5,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i just cant justify spending 800 or more on a header. i think strup is decent. i think i would get more power out of the 3inch than the 60 or 70mm with the strup header. im sure i would see significant gains.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
i just cant justify spending 800 or more on a header. i think strup is decent. i think i would get more power out of the 3inch than the 60 or 70mm with the strup header. im sure i would see significant gains.
The Strup header isnt going to give you 'significant' gains. No header will. Significant gains is like 25+WHP...

Go for the Kiddracing header. It offers the same gains as Skunk 2, Buddyclub, and other high quality headers at half the price. Catch is, you have to put it together yourself, and it's quite hard. Dont get a real nice exhaust then go for a cheap Header, your choking your setup, you need to let the car breath.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Answer: No it would not bolt up to the full race 3" without the adapter that takes it down to 2.5".. Anything but the custom go power, skunk2, or invidia will need the full race 3" adapter.

I too agree on the bottleneck of strup, but to each his own. Money saved to put towards something else I guess.. Just do what you feel is right for you

·
Registered
375 Posts
^^^ I agree completely. This has turned into a header bashing thread instead of helping the guy. I don't know the answer either but instead of waiting for an answer in this thread that went awry, pm go-power directly. They will get to you by tomorrow morning/afternoon.

Edit: nvm sick answered it for you

·
Banned
5,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i have already ordered the strup and it should ship 5-6-10. so buying another header is out of the ?. if i get the full race 3in exhaust w/adapter then that 3in exhaust will act like a 2.5in exhaust because of the 2in collector is what everyone is telling me? i already have the s2 60mm. i dont want to wast a lot of money on an exhaust that will not benefit me. im sure if i get the full race exhaust and strup header i will get more power than i already have with my short header and hfc and 60mm exhaust, right?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Decent header like it's to poop on. I would rather have the Comptech shorty with a test-pipe than the Strup RH.

You don't have to spend $800 on the S2 RH, there are plenty of headers to choose from & S2 is NOT the end all of headers.
dueshe-feg

1 - 20 of 20 Posts