8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of 18" Drag33's. 7.5 with and offset of 42-45 (why the drag site says 42-45 I don't know). Originally Discount Tire put 235/40/18 on but due to major rubbing they are replacing the tired with the recommended 215/40/18
I liked how the 235's looked, very wide and filled up the wheel well nice. My question is when thye put these little 215's on there am I going to need a drop? Is alot of wheel well going to be showing compared to the 235?
Any help here would be appreciated.
FYI- Yeah yeah yeah I used the search feature, but I want an answer specific to this problem.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
needed? no. will it look better? yes.
Ok thanks. Will there be alot more wheel well showing with the 215/40 as opposed to the 235/40? Discount says it won't look much different but they also said the 235 wouldn't rub so I don't know who to trust. lol

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
why not use 225/40 and call it a day?
Already ordered the 215's and I want to be positive that this rubbing issue is resolved. I have people in my car with me alot adding weight so I just went with the 215 because I've read on here it's a good size.
Just really don't wanna drop a grand into lowering.

·
Registered
59 Posts
235/40/18 will be slight taller than 215/40/18. That will not fill up the fender gap nicely, matter of fact it will make your car look even more like a 4x4.

You should have gone with wider wheels with lower # offset and run 215/40/18. It will give you a better look IMHO.

I say lower your car by going with a set of coilovers will make it look good.

·
Banned
2,208 Posts
Could always buy cheap coilovers like Skunk2 pro-s. Could prolly find a set for half a grand used.

As for your drop issue, I think everybody should drop their cars atleast an inch to an inch and a half to avoid looking like you're about to go offroading.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts