8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
There may have been a few minor tweaks done to the ECU (think rev-hang fix) but other than that it should be the same. Plus, I think Honda can reflash it for you anyway... probably would just charge you for X hrs labor.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
sry to get off topic but I have to say this. Celtics are going down :eek:hsnap:

But you are right, you will lose some of the newer features that have come out since the 06'.
:facepalm: we'll see today, after that embarrassing loss i think they're going to come out with some fire.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Well if you go to the 06' ECU Honda has the update to eliminate the rev hang. Other then that it shouldn't hurt anything.
the rev hang is the same on all 06+ si's.

op, will this be an 06 si with an 06 ecu and 09 motor, or 09 si and motor with an 06 ecu?

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
that there isn't any update for eliminating rev-hang. all 06+ si's have it.
Hate to break it to you they do happen to have an update to eliminate rev-hang for 06 Si's. I had taken my car in for an oil change, I was then told that the tech that drove it into the shop before the oil change noticed the rev hang and had an DBW/ECU re-flash/update for the rev hang issues on 06' models. Other models do not have this re-flash/update available for some reason. Why idk. And guess what, the rev hang was eliminated.

"Words of hondata:

datalogged the issue(DBW lag/rev hang) and it showed the throttle correctly returning to zero on liftoff. The ECU, however kept feeding fuel to the engine instead of shutting off the injectors.

We have tested the new program on out two 06 Civics and it is a definite improvement

- All new reflashes incorporate the RPM hang fix.
- Recommended mods are as listed on the web site
- No change to the pollution output
- These changes are the official Honda changes.
- The upgrade only applies to existing reflash owners

honda will offer a fix(cuz this is an official honda fix hondata is offering)....but if u have the reflash it will more than likely erase it...this is the reason why hondata is probably charging to upgrade...cuz they can keep ur reflash...all new reflashes will have the upgrade in it already though.....
if u don't have the reflash...u'll get the fix for free from honda(more than likely)..."

This was taken from a post back in 06'. Hondata is charging because if you had the reflash before the update they had to delete previous data and then reload that data with the update. After this update was implemented Hondata has included this update in their product. Hence Hondata gets rid of rev hang for newer model Si's.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Hate to break it to you they do happen to have an update to eliminate rev-hang for 06 Si's. I had taken my car in for an oil change, I was then told that the tech that drove it into the shop before the oil change noticed the rev hang and had an DBW/ECU re-flash/update for the rev hang issues on 06' models. Other models do not have this re-flash/update available for some reason. Why idk. And guess what, the rev hang was eliminated.

"Words of hondata:

datalogged the issue(DBW lag/rev hang) and it showed the throttle correctly returning to zero on liftoff. The ECU, however kept feeding fuel to the engine instead of shutting off the injectors.

We have tested the new program on out two 06 Civics and it is a definite improvement

- All new reflashes incorporate the RPM hang fix.
- Recommended mods are as listed on the web site
- No change to the pollution output
- These changes are the official Honda changes.
- The upgrade only applies to existing reflash owners

honda will offer a fix(cuz this is an official honda fix hondata is offering)....but if u have the reflash it will more than likely erase it...this is the reason why hondata is probably charging to upgrade...cuz they can keep ur reflash...all new reflashes will have the upgrade in it already though.....
if u don't have the reflash...u'll get the fix for free from honda(more than likely)..."

This was taken from a post back in 06'. Hondata is charging because if you had the reflash before the update they had to delete previous data and then reload that data with the update. After this update was implemented Hondata has included this update in their product. Hence Hondata gets rid of rev hang for newer model Si's.
the reflash for 06 ecu's REDUCES rev-hang, not ELIMINATES it. it reduces it to the same amount as 07+ si's have; this is why there's no reflash for 07+ si's.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts