8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a friend does alot of drifting.... and he got some free tires... 235/40 17 Falken RT 615's.. well he runs a 15 inch wheel... so he owes me and gave me the tires... So the queston is... will they fit on the stock SI 17 inch wheels? with out rubbing????? I have a some 235/40 17 BFGs on a aftermarket wheel with a little more offset for auto Xing... so has anyone done this with stock wheels?? any pics?

·
Registered
799 Posts
So a friend does alot of drifting.... and he got some free tires... 235/40 17 Falken RT 615's.. well he runs a 15 inch wheel... so he owes me and gave me the tires... So the queston is... will they fit on the stock SI 17 inch wheels? with out rubbing????? I have a some 235/40 17 BFGs on a aftermarket wheel with a little more offset for auto Xing... so has anyone done this with stock wheels?? any pics?

According to Falken - the minimum rim width for the 235-40-17 is 8" ... OE 17" rims are 7"

"IF" you can squeeze them on you will have two problems ...the tire side-walls will be very pinched and you effective contact patch will be closer to a 215 tire, plus you will run the risk of peeling the tire off the rim when rounding a corner due to the stresses placed on the tire from being mounted on a too narrow rim (the bead may not seat right).

You would be much better off with a 215-45-17 or a 225-45-17 on a OE rim ... I would see if you can work a trade for a more appropriate tire locally

Moose

1 - 2 of 2 Posts