8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
**HIGHLY RECOMMENDED**

As most of you know I just purchased a 2006 Civic Si in fiji blue. And, I have to tell ya, John Scudder and Jim O'Brien are an amazing team! This is by far the best transaction I have had with a new car. Very knowledgeable and easy to deal with. Gave me a great price at under msrp. :thumb:

I'll be keeping my Si for a long time, but if I ever need a new car again, I will be going back to see these guys.

WILDE HONDA
1710 HWY 164
WAUKESHA, WI 53188
(262) 542-9300 / 1-800-847-9921

·
Tuna Fiddle
19,256 Posts
the dealer i bought my car from was also very helpful, it didn't even seem like they were trying to sell me a car. the saleman was a nice guy and didn't try to force anything on me. it is good to see some dealers getting smart and figuring out how to treat theri customers. i hope this trend continues

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yeah the sales-woman that im working with is the coolest woman indeed. Shes the interent sales manager up at this dealer in VA. Im the first person on the list to order an SI , so every month she will call me and tell me that i can order an SI if i want it...sad part of it is they havent even been able to order a SI with NAVI for the last 2 months, but shes very confident that I will be able to do so soon. She doesnt try to push a regular SI on me, she just tells me i can order the regular SI or keep on waiting and of course i keep waiting :( She does cool little things like send me magazines and stuff that the SI is featured in, and of course no charge lol. There are actually some cool sales people out there I guess you just have to find them. :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
twistedframe said:
^^^what dealer in va?
Miller Honda, in winchester....i live here in stephens city which is like 5 minutes from winchester. I have always heard that Miller sucked and this and that...but when i sent out for quotes from like 5 dealers including dealers from down in the city like leesburg and fairfax and all....Miller had a really good quote, One place even quoted me at close to $27,000 for SI with NAVI :gaygiggle that was funny i must say. The chick im dealing with is awesome

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have been to Wilde Honda and was impressed with the service we got there as well. Did not buy a car that day, was just looking. Actually bought a Subaru Forrester from a couple that pulled in to trade it for an Odyssey.

·
Registered
219 Posts
There was a Wilde Pontiac in the Milwaukee area 20+ years ago. I assume it's the same family. Usually if a family can stay in business in an area that long they're doing something right.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just read this thread and I had a much worse experience with Wilde Honda.

My wife and I wanted a Honda Civic EX 2006 with Manual Transmission. We really wanted Galaxy Gray but we were willing to settle for something (except basic Silver... we already had one of those).

Wilde had one we were interested, it was a navy EX MT with Navi. They also had a silver EX MT w/o navi on the lot. We test drove the Navi and we thought we'd talk numbers for a bit... that went nowhere. We asked if they would order us a Civic and said yes, so we thought we'd sit down and talk numbers for a bit. They pulled a bait-and-switch and refused to talk about ordering a car. They kept insisting that we should buy their silver car which we didn't want. We started to stand up and leave but Sol said he'd go get the manager to talk about ordering a car. The manager came out (I can't remember the guy's name... typical "sales manager" in his early 30's) and started asking us why we wouldn't buy the silver car.

1. I said we didn't want the silver color
2. I said that Gentile Honda (in Racine, WI) would ORDER my car for 17,741.

They told that my price was impossible and they were not going to even talk about ordering a car. We started walking out and the sales manager started yelling at me and pulled a huffy-fit "Fine then... if you don't want to work with us."

I'm seriously a push-over. I would have paid more for a car if they'd order it and I wouldn't have to drive down to Racine.

I was worried about my contact with Dale Hogue in Racine. His price for ordering a car seemed too good to be true (considering my dealings with Wilde and David Hobbs). We traded emails and talked every now and then. We finally completed the deal and ordered the car. I kept expecting to get screwed somehow.

It was actually the best car-buying experience ever. Well worth the drive down to Racine. There were no high pressure finance sales (like Wilde... more later). It was easy.

If you're in the Milwaukee area. Seriously consider Gentile Honda in Racine. It was well worth the experience.

Another note on Wilde...

We bought our 2002 CR-V from Wilde and our loan was somehow overcharged $1,000. I tried for a month to work with Wilde to get the loan fixed but they just kept telling us they were working on it. I finally had the guy call my wife's voicemail when she was out of the office. I think when he realized she was a lawyer he updated the status with her every day until it was fixed.

Yes... we were stupid to try Wilde again. But we wanted a Civic EX MT and we were desperate. I will never, ever do it again. I am 31 and I have never (as a customer) been treated as poorly as they treated us. It made it worse that I had to go home and pay for a babysitter.

Sol.

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
tommyo said:
I just read this thread and I had a much worse experience with Wilde Honda.

My wife and I wanted a Honda Civic EX 2006 with Manual Transmission. We really wanted Galaxy Gray but we were willing to settle for something (except basic Silver... we already had one of those).

Wilde had one we were interested, it was a navy EX MT with Navi. They also had a silver EX MT w/o navi on the lot. We test drove the Navi and we thought we'd talk numbers for a bit... that went nowhere. We asked if they would order us a Civic and said yes, so we thought we'd sit down and talk numbers for a bit. They pulled a bait-and-switch and refused to talk about ordering a car. They kept insisting that we should buy their silver car which we didn't want. We started to stand up and leave but Sol said he'd go get the manager to talk about ordering a car. The manager came out (I can't remember the guy's name... typical "sales manager" in his early 30's) and started asking us why we wouldn't buy the silver car.

1. I said we didn't want the silver color
2. I said that Gentile Honda (in Racine, WI) would ORDER my car for 17,741.

They told that my price was impossible and they were not going to even talk about ordering a car. We started walking out and the sales manager started yelling at me and pulled a huffy-fit "Fine then... if you don't want to work with us."

I'm seriously a push-over. I would have paid more for a car if they'd order it and I wouldn't have to drive down to Racine.

I was worried about my contact with Dale Hogue in Racine. His price for ordering a car seemed too good to be true (considering my dealings with Wilde and David Hobbs). We traded emails and talked every now and then. We finally completed the deal and ordered the car. I kept expecting to get screwed somehow.

It was actually the best car-buying experience ever. Well worth the drive down to Racine. There were no high pressure finance sales (like Wilde... more later). It was easy.

If you're in the Milwaukee area. Seriously consider Gentile Honda in Racine. It was well worth the experience.

Another note on Wilde...

We bought our 2002 CR-V from Wilde and our loan was somehow overcharged $1,000. I tried for a month to work with Wilde to get the loan fixed but they just kept telling us they were working on it. I finally had the guy call my wife's voicemail when she was out of the office. I think when he realized she was a lawyer he updated the status with her every day until it was fixed.

Yes... we were stupid to try Wilde again. But we wanted a Civic EX MT and we were desperate. I will never, ever do it again. I am 31 and I have never (as a customer) been treated as poorly as they treated us. It made it worse that I had to go home and pay for a babysitter.

Sol.

Always some bad apples in a tree of good apples. Bound to happen. Sorry to hear you met the apples :(.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts