8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im driving at night on the freeway at 65 on cruise in the right lane on high beam....and i go to low beam only if I am flashed, or I am within 500 feet of someone...which is the law.....

so this dude in corolla-s with a spoiler and body kit....drives at 70 passes me so i switch to low beam....and then to high after he passes me...but then he slows on a slight hill, im still on cruise.....and i pass him and do my beam switching again......and this happens a couple of times more.....

so the third time....he passes me on the left and slams the brakes...lets me pass on the right....and within 2 feet of me passing, swings behind me in my lane and tail gates me......

so i freak out..im like wtf..whats he trying..so i speed at 75 and finally lose him since he cant keep up....but I have no idea why he did that ?

Did he think I wanted to race since i kept switching between beams and he thought i was flashing him ? I have an auto lx w/o spoiler/rims and i drive on cruise !!

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
he probalby thought you were being an ******* with the bright flashing. just becuase you were legally right doesnt make it not annoying to other drivers.
the only time i use brights is if im on a back road with no other drivers.

·
Registered
227 Posts
He got pissed off at you because you were blinding him with your hi-beams. Even at 500 ft, they are annoyingly bright. I know what the law says but common courtesy dictates that you turn off your hi-beams when he's in front of you. I'd wait until the other driver is at least 1 mile away before turning on the hi-beams.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmmm......probably....its just that it was a super dark interstate with known deer hits...so I prefer having high visibility on a road like that....

·
Premium Member
19,670 Posts
hmmm......probably....its just that it was a super dark interstate with known deer hits...so I prefer having high visibility on a road like that....
if you know deer are a concern, and other cars are too close to use high beams, maybe it would be best to slow down rather than piss off the drivers around you.

·
Registered
673 Posts
he probalby thought you were being an ******* with the bright flashing. just becuase you were legally right doesnt make it not annoying to other drivers.
the only time i use brights is if im on a back road with no other drivers.
:yeahthat:
Really not cool to use hi beams when there are any cars in sight.

maybe he is on a corolla forum right now with a thread "wierd civic guy at night"
HAHA! Yeah, something like this:
"So im driving at night on the freeway and I pass this Civic at like 70. He proceeds to turn on his brights, so I slow down on a hill and let him pass me. I got tired of driving at 65 and wanted to feel the Corola S power, so I pass him...he turns his brights on me again! I'm thinkin "Does this guy wanna race me??" But I see he doesn't even have an Si, and no non-Si Civic can hang with the "'Rolla-S"! So I assume he's just being a Honda-jerk...I get in the lane behind him and tailgate him until he speeds away from me. What a wierd guy...."
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::lildevil:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.