8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Width and Offset - Your Expert Opinion

893 views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  hondastrtracr 
#1 · (Edited)
I know I want an 18x8 wheel, it comes available in 37 and 45 offset. I know the stock Si wheels are +45 and are "sunk" into the fender wells. Would a 37 offset in this size cause any problems other than making it more "flush"? Because that is what I am going for and won't be dropping this car much.

#7 · (Edited)
theres so much i could say about this thread.. but why bother.. the OP is too vague in his specs to give any educated opinions. ill leave the others to give out blind advice. post #4 was correct tho. this car simply cannot handle wide fitments, end of story. thats a common prob with most FWD cars. even my 18x7.5 +37 wheels with 225/40s rub with my hfp drop.

you want expert advice? then be absolutely specific. what kinda drop.. what kinda camber are you willing to run. what size tire to you want.. etc..

and fwiw, why are u so dead set on 18x8? lemme guess, youre gonna run a 225 width tire, right? if thats the case, get a 7.5 width..

#9 ·
Yes, 225, 40's The drop will be a .75 inch drop, just enough to eliminate gap. However that will not happen for awhile. I can take a small amount of rub but are you really saying 18x8 wheels with a 37 offset will rub with no drop at all? I would be happy with just a somewhat flush look with out a drop for quite a while.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.