8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a widebody kit for the 07 sedan. But I don't want Rice, I want nice. No super huge wing, I might even keep the stock one on there, I just want something that can cover wider wheels. I'd like to put 235's or even 245's on my car.

My eventual plan is to have a 12-16psi boost turbo, and I could really use the wider tires.

I'd like to do the wide body kit (if available) after I do the turbo, but it would be in short succession of the kit.

The AIT Wide Body is pretty nice, but doesnt look like it's available for sedan (or if it is, I missed it)

·
Registered
649 Posts
i know one issue for wide body kits for sedans is working with the rear doors and how close they are to the rear wheel arches...
....that and just the likelihood of a lowered demand or interest.

to fit 235's, you wouldn't need much extra if i can recall correctly....

perhaps just a fender rolling would serve you well....and thumping in some wheel wells with a BFH for some room as well....

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:eek:hsnap: I'd be interested if it isnt overpriced. But I guess most of the kit cost is in labor now that I think about it. We'll see. I'd be interested in it.

I'm still learning the acronyms, but what is BFH? (and hell, fender rolling too)

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
not sure about widebody kits out there for a 4 door but I a mugen wing would be sick on any sedan, its adjustable(More down force fo' yo turbo yo!)

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
yea.. they're going to have a 4-pc kit, but not a widebody. let me know if you guys are interested cause i can get a good price for AIT stuff. :thumb: cause i used to work for them :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
wait the 4dr body kit is coming in late janurary now! :( first he told me middle of october then he told me end of november now its late janurary...... omg when will i ever get my body kit.... :(

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
idk... i saw some that did it to theirs and it looked like hell

·
Registered
207 Posts
yea.. they're going to have a 4-pc kit, but not a widebody. let me know if you guys are interested cause i can get a good price for AIT stuff. :thumb: cause i used to work for them :biggrin:
wate so they are going to have the same body kit you have just not a widebody???

·
Registered
649 Posts
I'm still learning the acronyms, but what is BFH? (and hell, fender rolling too)
haha, sorry about that.
BFH = big f'in hammer

fender rolling is a process of slowly "massaging" the lip of the fender outwardly to be able to accomodate a wider wheel/tire combo that would typically rub or come in contact with the fender lip under compression.

this process both will typically compress the folded-in material of the fender, and then with more work will begin to push the fender out.

·
Premium Member
21,034 Posts
i havent seen a widebody thats decent for our cars. only widebody ive seen that looks good are for supras and evos.

·
Registered
54 Posts
haha, sorry about that.
BFH = big f'in hammer

fender rolling is a process of slowly "massaging" the lip of the fender outwardly to be able to accomodate a wider wheel/tire combo that would typically rub or come in contact with the fender lip under compression.

this process both will typically compress the folded-in material of the fender, and then with more work will begin to push the fender out.
from what you just said kinda does seem like a wide body... sounds nice

idk... i saw some that did it to theirs and it looked like hell
i do recall some japanese tuner or something did that to their civic
nvr saw any good pix nor have i seen one in person

·
Registered
211 Posts
Ait will be releasing a body kit which will be very similiar to this one i bet Civic 2006 - 2009 2dr : AITRacing.com, The Body Kit Distributor
The front looks ok but i guess this is a good start for other companies to start making kits for your sedans.
I love that kit! How do you get the kit to match the color of your car? Can it come preordered or do you have to paint it? I am new to modding and I am just seeing how everything is done. How much does it usually cost to get a kit installed also?

·
Registered
585 Posts
That kit comes unpainted, material is FRP and you would have to get it painted yourself or have a profesional do it and paint it yourself. If you bring it to a good body shop, they can match the color no problem.. painting the bumper, sideskits, and rear bumper will cost probably a little bit more than $1000 but that is just for here in Brooklyn NY. I think if you ge the parts painted in the body shop, they would put on the kit for you for free.

If you are talking about the Coupe kit, it is already out and for $800+ for the whole kit.

The Sedan kit will be out on December 15th.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts