8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may sound stupid as I never had this issue before... But why the rarity on the 2006 Civic? I mena, modern mass-production methods should enable tens of thousands of them to be built a month. Can the public really be gobbling the new car up that quickly? I still see tons of 7th gens sitting on lots, I'd think the "uninformed" would be guided over to them as the dealers are probably giving them away.

But for there to be such difficulty in negotiating due to their low volume numbers so far surprises me.

Any insight?

Anthony "Mario" Crea

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
Think of how many dealerships there are in the entire US alone. I can't speak for every dealership, but I live in a town with about 25k people (small), and there has been at least 5 new civics that have come through.

I was on a 5 hr trip last weekend and passed a few honda dealerships in ohio. The last one I passed had 3 coupes outside! I didn't see any sedans, but who knows how many they had seen.

Can anyone find the # of honda dealerships there are in the US?

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
I just did a search on honda with my zip - I can hit 30 honda dealerships within a 100 mile radius of me!

put your zip into the honda site and see what results come up for u guys.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sponge said:
I live in Phoenix and they are selling them all before they arrive on the truck! Esp. the ones with Nav.
I guess it's a classic case of supply and demand then. Maybe a month or so will change things.

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
Yeah theres like 10 honda dealers within 100 mi. of here, But Honda is sloooow as anything I have ever seen!! I been tring to buy a new civic since Sept. They couldn't find an '05 black ex MT for me. Now I want a blue '06 MT and It's taking them forever! My car was suppose to be built 10/2-10/6 but they informed me today that the build date got pushed back 2 weeks! WTF im pissed at Honda!! I told him I might as well wait for the SI. He said dealers will be gauging people when they come out. Im going to test drive a cobalt ss and Tc today.

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
Still waiting for my Atomic blue EX MT Navi to show up at the dealer. I test drove the SS cobalt and it sucks IMHO. The Tc I just decided not to even test. My Local dealer has (3) '06 civics right now 2 of them are EX coupes(atomic blue w/navi & a White, and 1 black lx coupe. All of them auto tranny and that sucks!! Not a single sedan on the lot they sold 3 of them already. One of my buddys said they might have sold my car that they traded for since they lied about that production dates. My friend said the tradee possibly backed out of online trade at last minute and wanted their(my) car back for 1 of their customers, but I doubt it because I think I rememer my dealer saying they were tradeing a galexy gray auto navi for it, but my dealer never got a galexy gray in so from what I gathered from it Honda is running behind a couple of weeks on civic production.

·
Banned
93 Posts
i've been waiting for a month for the car, but dealer said ti's coming in 21st-25th a full 3 and almost 4 weeks after it was built!!! i mean cmon, my step dad drove a truck cross country , l.a. to new york in less time than that ( he drives semi's ) tha't s bs!!! if it doesn't come i'm gonna demand invoice when it comes!!!

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
I talked to the dealership today and he said that combination is going to be rare and hard to locate possibly. He said most of the coupes with navi are coming in as autos. The dealer by me had sold 2 coupes with navi/auto so far. He couldn't locate one around the area in a stick/navi.

You might have to order it that way, or think about going with the SI?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I didn't think civics were so hard to come by. But I have found it very difficult to find the colors and options that I am looking for.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts