8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering beause we have the srt4 that came out with alot more hp so has the cobalt... why honda didnt put a turbo on this civic... can anyone get me the specs to this civic and post em up

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
here is what i found
for the civic SI

5yr/60k mi powertrain warranty
Air Conditioning
sunroof/moonroof
front adjustable seat height
2nd row split/folding bench seat
2nd row manual headrests
2nd row folddown armrest
cruise control
steering wheel mounted cruise control
steering wheel mounted audio controls
tilt steering column
telescopic steering column
power doorlocks/windows/mirrors
customizable auto lock
vanity mirror
350 watt 7 speaker am/fm/XM ready/CD/AUX input
cassette player (optional)
MP3/WMA compatible
Navigation w/ voice recognition and digital audio card (optional)
delayed courtesy light
seatback storage
armrest storage
lower console storage
Day time running lights
foglights (optional)
Race inspired seats with red stitching
titanium shift knob with leather accent

2.0L inline 4
16v DOHC i-VTEC
[email protected],800
[email protected],200
6spd MT
FR SUSP- McPherson strut w/ 28.0mm stabilizer bar
RR SUSP-double wishbone with 17mm stabilizer bar
front vented disc brakes
rear disc brakes
rack and pinion steering
P215/45/17R wheel/tire
alloy wheels

SAFETY:
driver & passenger airbags
passenger airbag cutoff switch/sensor
front side airbags
side curtain airbags
front active head restraints
seatbelt height adjuster
seatbelt pre-tensioner
3 pt seatbelt
child safety doorlocks

curb weight- 2,877
13.2 fuel tank capacity

for the civic EX

5yr/60k mi powertrain warranty
Air Conditioning
sunroof/moonroof
front adjustable seat height
2nd row split/folding bench seat
2nd row manual headrests
2nd row folddown armrest
cruise control
steering wheel mounted cruise control
steering wheel mounted audio controls
tilt steering column
telescopic steering column
power doorlocks/windows/mirrors
customizable auto lock
vanity mirror
6 speaker am/fm/XM ready/CD/AUX input
cassette player (optional)
MP3/WMA compatible
Navigation w/ voice recognition and digital audio card (optional)
delayed courtesy light
seatback storage
armrest storage
lower console storage
Day time running lights
foglights (optional)

SPECS:
1.8L inline-4
16 valve SOHC i-VTEC
[email protected],300
[email protected],300
5spd AT & 5spd MT
30/40 MPG
ULEV-2
4 wheel ABS brakes
Electronic brake distribution (EBD)
FR SUSP- McPherson strut w/ stabilizer bar
RR SUSP- Double wishbone w/ stabilizer bar
front vented disc brakes
rear disc brakes
rack & pinion steering
P205/55/R16 wheel/tire
alloy wheels

SAFETY:
driver & passenger airbags
passenger airbag cutoff switch/sensor
front side airbags
side curtain airbags
front active head restraints
seatbelt height adjuster
seatbelt pre-tensioner
3 pt seatbelt
child safety doorlocks

curb weight MT- 2,740
curb weight AT- 2,804
13.2 fuel tank capacity

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
LSD will help some because of the power difference though. The other thing that was brought up was the new method of representing the HP/TQ numbers. So many manufacturers were bloating their HP numbers that they introduced a new method. Honda has used these "new methods" as their way to report HP/TQ #'s more realistically. I only know of honda/lexus and a few other manufacturers that have used this for their 06 cars so far. #'s are going to look lower because of this new rating, but I still know what you mean. With other turbo cars out there, why not try to run the race? But you and I both know that a turbo on the SI would blow the doors off the SRT 4, especially with the LSD.

·
Registered
321 Posts
The question is why not? There will be so much aftermarket support that it doesn't matter. The Civic has traditionally sold well enough, so it might be more profitable to not install more parts (increasing cost) and have more sales.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DeezV604 said:
i read somewhere, but i ferget, without nav it isnt even in 20's and wit nav its like 21.
nice si its almost the same price as the hatch that came out

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
I found the release info

"*For 2006, Honda is complying with the new SAE standard for measuring horsepower and torque, SAE net (Rev 8/04). This new method slightly reduces a vehicle's horsepower rating and torque due to more stringent testing procedures. Many manufacturers are still using the older standard of measurement. Horsepower and torque can only be fairly compared if both vehicles were calculated using the same SAE standard."

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
webby said:
you thinking about getting the SI now pichy?
idk man i dont want to get in to car payments again... im almost done with mine..but a team member is gon to get it deff get it..and another team member is unsure he still wants the g35

·
Registered
204 Posts
vtec.net just reported that a broken in SI (3,500 miles) just got 208 hp at the hubs on a dynopack fully stock and 218 at the hubs with the airbox removed!!! Great numbers

·
Registered
204 Posts
UPDATE (21:35, 14.Sept.05): I just got a call from Shawn and today another 2006 Civic Si (preproduction, of course) was tested on his dyno. This one had 3500 miles because it had been driven cross country from Michigan. Obviously, the break-in mileage paid off because this car put down 209hp, in a fully stock configuration. With the airbox cover removed, the number jumped to 218hp. Shawn is not near a computer at the moment, so we don't have the dyno plots, and the car isn't ours, so we may not even be able to post the plots, but it's clear that our car isn't a fluke, at least amongst pre-production Civic Si's. jp

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
PICHY said:
copy paste article..im not a member
Here it is:

The K-series Strikes Again

The 2006 Civic Si's K20Z3 engine is one more member of the highly exalted K-series lineup. Combining elements from a variety of other K-series engines (K20A2 style head, Euro-R RBC intake manifold, K20A3 style balance shaft, K20Z1 style camshafts, etc.), it exhibits a smooth, refined demeanor along with a typical Honda high rpm rush of power, and a typical Honda VTEC dip as well.

While nothing leads us to believe that the K20Z3 won't be just as capable in the aftermarket as other K-series engines, it does face the hurdle of a completely new ECU and drivebywire, so modifications may be a little more difficult (we'll be the first to tell you in our project car chronicles).

In the case of our particular example, the gains may be even tougher still. Take a look at the dyno results.

The lowest curve, 197.9 hub hp, was recorded in completely stock trim after a few runs. We think this is more representative of what our car will do. The next run, 204 hub hp, was recorded with a little cool down. Note that the biggest difference occurs from 7500 rpm on up. The final run of 209 hp was recorded with the airbox cover off (note the bottom end losses). While the car gets much noisier and loses the refined growl of the stock intake system, the 5+ hp gain indicates that an intake system will probably be able to pick up some noticeable power (do not drive with the cover off, with the hood closed, you'll kill power by ingesting hot air from the engine bay).

Now take a look at the AF ratios. Note how smooth they are. Also note that they are relatively close to the optimal range of 12.5-13:1. Finally, note that on most runs, with the exception of our stock 204 hp run, that the AFR goes very rich after 7000-7500 rpm.

We think there are a couple factors at play here. First of all, either Honda has underrated the new K20Z3, or our hand-built preproduction motor has benefitted from the exacting specifications used during the build process. On the same dyno, a stock 05 RSX (rated at 210 hp on the old system) will put down around 185 hub hp. The best one we ever did (another preproduction car) put down 190 hub hp. Given how strict the new ratings systems are, we suspect our Si is extra healthy, but we'll wait to see what other gains we get, and what production cars do. If you live in SoCal, we'll do free dynos for the first 3 production Si's that come in (310-518-4966).

The fact that the AF ratio goes rich at high rpm on virtually all runs tells us that the K20Z3 is either very temp sensitive, very knock sensitive, or both. The very flat AF curve is also unusual for a factory car (Honda or otherwise), which is one reason why we suspect a little tweaking.

Stay tuned as we begin pulling the car apart and looking for more power.

UPDATE (21:35, 14.Sept.05): I just got a call from Shawn and today another 2006 Civic Si (preproduction, of course) was tested on his dyno. This one had 3500 miles because it had been driven cross country from Michigan. Obviously, the break-in mileage paid off because this car put down 209hp, in a fully stock configuration. With the airbox cover removed, the number jumped to 218hp. Shawn is not near a computer at the moment, so we don't have the dyno plots, and the car isn't ours, so we may not even be able to post the plots, but it's clear that our car isn't a fluke, at least amongst pre-production Civic Si's. jp

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
HP definatly underrated

Being under rated on hp is ok, it will keep those insurance rates down, I heard if the car has a rating of over 200hp insurance rates are higher be higher. The Si really has more than 200hp. This under rating is to benifit us the consumer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is a little bit off topic but i think the RSX owners are going to be jealous. just w/ my experince, i got friends with RSX-S.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.