8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dunno about the rest of the factory audio setups, but the EX w/nav doesnt have this feature appearantly. That's a pretty odd omission since every car I can possible think of uses it now, as well as a good number of aftermarket decks which is still every increasing, and now even home receivers are starting to use. I wonder what the reasoning behind that was.

FYI in case you dont know what RDS is...... It's Radio Delivery System (or service or something like that). Basically transmitted text that scrolls on the radio's display. It's mostly used for station identification and/or the artist and title of the song playing, kinda like sat radio.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I find that feature annoying and would rather not have it. Although, on Sirius I like it and wish they would add a feature that shows minutes played/total minutes of the song. This is what Yahoo LauchCast has and it's really nice as I don't like wasting my time listening to the last 30 seconds of a song. I also want to see Sirius partner with Yahoo LaunchCast and give us the ability to rate songs, and fast forward to another song.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I kinda like it, and had gotten really used to it. I guess thats what makes it so noticeable being gone. I frequently spend a lot of time in europe, and they have had RDS over there for many years, and now it finally made its way over here. It's not that big of a deal, just something different and better looking on the screen rather then the boring ole station number. The only time I found it annoying is on cars with a really limited amount of characters on the display where the info would constantly have to scroll and break up words. With a display like the Honda's premium system, that wouldnt be a problem though.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
C17chief said:
The only time I found it annoying is on cars with a really limited amount of characters on the display where the info would constantly have to scroll and break up words. With a display like the Honda's premium system, that wouldnt be a problem though.
You're right, scrolling text is annoying. A limited display is the only time I've had it. Sometimes even on my Sirius unit the text starts scrolling and I'm like, "Argghhh!"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts