8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably asked already,but I wonder if there is a reason the Buddy Club is not very popular here.To me,it is one of the best looking(as far as the pics I see) canister style cat-backs.I like the matt finish,and the seperate hangar seems like it would alow more adjustment for fit,or I guess that could also be a weak spot.There are not many sound clips,so I can't comment on sound.Most exhaust sound like crap in the clips anyway.For example,many swear the Skunk2 is not ricey,but I listen to a clip,and the sound is the absolute definition of a ricey exhaust.Anyway,just wonder if there is a reason the BC is not as popular as the others.

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
Probably asked already,but I wonder if there is a reason the Buddy Club is not very popular here.To me,it is one of the best looking(as far as the pics I see) canister style cat-backs.I like the matt finish,and the seperate hangar seems like it would alow more adjustment for fit,or I guess that could also be a weak spot.There are not many sound clips,so I can't comment on sound.Most exhaust sound like crap in the clips anyway.For example,many swear the Skunk2 is not ricey,but I listen to a clip,and the sound is the absolute definition of a ricey exhaust.Anyway,just wonder if there is a reason the BC is not as popular as the others.
How is the Skunk2 ricey LOL its super deep and the wail as the revs build is intense i think you need to get your ears checked ive got nothing but compliments on the Skunk2 since i put it on.

·
Registered
7,687 Posts
How is the Skunk2 ricey LOL its super deep and the wail as the revs build is intense i think you need to get your ears checked ive got nothing but compliments on the Skunk2 since i put it on.
I think hes just saying that videos online dont do the Skunk2 justice.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never heard any exhaust for a Fg2 in person.I meant that the videos of the Skunk2(and most others)sound ricey as hell,while the people that own them swear they do not.I've been looking for an exhaust for awhile,but can't decide on one based on the shitty videos.

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
Never heard any exhaust for a Fg2 in person.I meant that the videos of the Skunk2(and most others)sound ricey as hell,while the people that own them swear they do not.I've been looking for an exhaust for awhile,but can't decide on one based on the shitty videos.
I think you should look at the Vibrant then its sounds great in person, the piping is 2.5, it has a nice oem look with a bronze finish give us a better idea of what your looking for here is a link to the vibrant -

CorSport Inc. - Import and Sport Compact Aftermarket Automotive Performance Parts - Honda Acura Civic Si Integra RSX CRX Element Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII IX MR Scion xA xB tC Nissan Subaru STI WRX s13 s14 ep3 fg2 dc5 - CorSport USA

Also here are 2 vids of a friends Vibrant exhaust that i took -

FlyBY.flv - Video - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Video of SI 4 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

·
Registered
522 Posts
im waiting to get my buddy club pro spec in the mail.. ive heard it in person on an rsx type s with bc race header and it sounded perfect. i cant wait!!

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
I have a buddy club exhaust on my fg2...and i gotta tell you, I love it. It doesn't sound ricy at all..I get people who say to me "Sheeet you got a cannon shooter on your car..I bet it sounds like ass." I started my car and they all shut up. I get told its one of the best sounding CIVICS they have ever heard. Its not to loud, but its not soft..its just right. And i can;t wait until i can get my header!!! I would deff. Pick one up for your car.

Just listen to a DC5 with the exhaust, in person or in youtube..My friend had one on his, and thats why i waited for Buddy Club to come out with it..read my old threads, i kept emailing BCUSA on when it will be made, and how much longer and all that crap.

you wont be disappointed.

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
Well, an exhaust can be deep and sound ricey. In the skunk2's case, it's unnecessarily loud and is a stupid way of drawing attention to yourself imo. So therefore, it along with the vast majority of exhausts on here are ricey. I still like it and the TI-C though :p

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
Well, an exhaust can be deep and sound ricey. In the skunk2's case, it's unnecessarily loud and is a stupid way of drawing attention to yourself imo. So therefore, it along with the vast majority of exhausts on here are ricey. I still like it and the TI-C though :p
Fair Enough :vtec:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a buddy club exhaust on my fg2...and i gotta tell you, I love it. It doesn't sound ricy at all..I get people who say to me "Sheeet you got a cannon shooter on your car..I bet it sounds like ass." I started my car and they all shut up. I get told its one of the best sounding CIVICS they have ever heard. Its not to loud, but its not soft..its just right. And i can;t wait until i can get my header!!! I would deff. Pick one up for your car.

Just listen to a DC5 with the exhaust, in person or in youtube..My friend had one on his, and thats why i waited for Buddy Club to come out with it..read my old threads, i kept emailing BCUSA on when it will be made, and how much longer and all that crap.

you wont be disappointed.
Any of the drone problems that the Skunk2 has?How is the fitment?

·
Registered
45 Posts
im waiting to get my buddy club pro spec in the mail.. ive heard it in person on an rsx type s with bc race header and it sounded perfect. i cant wait!!
yea i'm planning to do that with my civic. sounds great. i also like vibrant's exhaust but since my friend has it, i shall not copy :p

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Fujitsubo Exhaust on TSX!!!

There is one guy with Fuji on this SI, the guy with the full Type R conversion. man I wanna hear it on a Fg2.

Fuji makes the best exhausts IMO but they are very expensive. I like them because THEY DONT HAVE A DEEP TONE.

They have a Ferrari high pitch Honda F1 type tone. RIDICULOUS!! HERES THE SEXY SOUND:

YouTube - Acura TSX with Fujitsubo Exhaust

:eek:hsnap:

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I had the BC pro .. it did sound amazing.. wasn't superloud like the skunk and had a nice deep mellow tone.. much better than the skunk IMO and its 2.5 so you dont lose as much low end power.. i think it is one of the best exhaust for our cars..

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Fujitsubo Exhaust on TSX!!!

There is one guy with Fuji on this SI, the guy with the full Type R conversion. man I wanna hear it on a Fg2.

Fuji makes the best exhausts IMO but they are very expensive. I like them because THEY DONT HAVE A DEEP TONE.

They have a Ferrari high pitch Honda F1 type tone. RIDICULOUS!! HERES THE SEXY SOUND:

YouTube - Acura TSX with Fujitsubo Exhaust

:eek:hsnap:
Yea I know that the RSX guys love this exhaust.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Just finished my BC Pro spec exhaust swap.. one word... DEEEEP! Im so glad my wife likes me enough to put up with me. As soon as i started it up i was like.. damn! 4500-6500 is a real bad ass sweet spot.. above that and the exhaust gets a little quiet (good for me).. in the low revs puttering around its there alright...everywhere.. 360 degrees of bass like rumble. 75-80 sounds very tolerable if you maintain pressure on the noise maker. put some pressure on it and the exhaust awakes. its dark so pics and a better then what ive found video will be up later

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
:pat:

its about gains bro, gains, ring every little bit out of every peice of part u can even if its .1hp.

and i agree with will^ questioning how it sounds ricey. my 70mm deff. is far from the definition of rice..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts