8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i finally got a call from my dealer for my si wich i ask for in the fiji as everyone in this thread i see.he goes and tells me that the only colors coming are black and galaxyetc.cant even finish writing thats how piss of i am so to make a story short im stuck buying an black si with the nav only cause he said that he cant promise me a fiji so ass the dumb azz that i am i agreed to buy only cause my car was stolen back in oct so go figure i been bumming my mother -in- laws car and wtf im not waiting another 2 months for that damn color ooooooooooooo god i want fiji too kabs looks like were ass out .only reason im buying black si cause idid want in black 1 but then i realize si fiji is what stands out from the other si"s.lucky for my ive got the extra 2000 extra i gotta cuagh up just for navi aint life a *****. : :help:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Thats sucks man but to be honest as a dealer its most likely not his fault. Navi is impossible to get right now litterally due to supply issues from the manufacturer of the navi, therfore dealers are not dealertrading their navi units cause you cant get them right now. But it still sucks. At least you got an SI!!

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Chirpping6gears, I understand your frustration, however, due to Honda's allocation system, they may not be able to get a Fiji in the short run. When your dealer is able to place their order, they 'request' certain colors/option combinations, however, they nay not receive those exact options due to order limits set by Corporate Honda. For example, if numerous dealers are ordering the Fiji, Honda may have set a limit to the number of Fiji produced per month. This in turn could mean that your dealer may not be able to get that color for a few months.

For example, my orginal order for a Silver non-navi Si would not have been filled until February, due to the particular order/allocation my dealer was getting. However, they were allocated a supplemental Si for December and it happened to be Silver, non-navi and I was the first on the list with that spec.

For clarification, the supplemental and/or coverage cars that the dealer was getting in September are not a part of the order that was submitted at the end of Novemeber. Those cars are sent to the dealers 'as is' and the dealers have no choice in what they receive. Bascially, "Dealer X, you will get a Black and a Galaxy Grey". The ordered cars will be arriving at the dealers beginning this month, but only a few per month.

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
HondaSales said:
Thats sucks man but to be honest as a dealer its most likely not his fault. Navi is impossible to get right now litterally due to supply issues from the manufacturer of the navi, therfore dealers are not dealertrading their navi units cause you cant get them right now. But it still sucks. At least you got an SI!!
That's what happened to me when I was tring to buy an Atomic blue EX/MT w Navi, I was lied to and kept on the hook because it was a dealer trade. They kept telling me my car was on it way, or either they sold it to someone else for a higher price. So I went to another dealer and got ripped off on financing! Dealers suck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts