8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering why they don't have ECU programmers for any imports? They make them for almost every domestic car. I used to have a SCT tuner for my old Ranger. I had different programs that would max HP or Torque, and programs for 87, 89, and 93 octane.

I know it can be done by sending them off to Hondata. The nice thing with the programmers is it keeps your stock ECU program and you can flash it back if you need to go in for warranty work. With Hondata, your stuck with the program and it's only for the K20... correct?

Just wanted to throw that out.

It sure would be nice to be able to adjust the timing on the R18 and the shift points on the 5 speed auto tranny.

Brian

·
Registered
10,957 Posts
Same issue with VW's as far as major tuning. But they offer many small changes via vagcom software/tool.

I too would love to alter the shift points on the auto trans r18.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
yea american V8s all have simple tuners that you can do yourself, i wish we did... much easier than shipping to hondata!!!!

my dad got diablo powersport tuners for the mustang and vette.... 20 hp all reprogrammable in 5 minutes... pretty sweet

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
because it doesnt take much to make more hp out of a large disp motor. minor adjustments make a big difference. where we would see a gian of 4hp from advancing the timing 4 degrees, they might see 14.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts