8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I think some people actually live to do this to surprise the hell out of people on the track. There are sooo many people that underestimate the potential of hondas. Whereas if your already in a fast car, people would no doubt already have an idea what they're up against. :thumb:

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
This thread is dumb, sorry. It's because you build the car you want to build. Some people like whp, other people like wtq. There are always faster cars out there, that can even be had cheaper. However, you tune what you want to tune. Why do people do home improvement projects, instead of just buying new houses? They do, because they bought the house that they wanted, and made the improvements that they wanted.

I thought about trading the si for a cobalt SS, or a 350z. I'm keeping the civic, because it's a good reliable car. It looks the way I want it to look, the interior is exactly what I want, and I like the smooth transmission. If it's lacking a little whp, I can fix that.

People also mod cars, because it's a hobby. Other people do it, because they want to have something different, from the thousands of other civics, on the road.

This thread is useless.

·
Registered
17,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This thread is dumb, sorry. It's because you build the car you want to build. Some people like whp, other people like wtq. There are always faster cars out there, that can even be had cheaper. However, you tune what you want to tune. Why do people do home improvement projects, instead of just buying new houses? They do, because they bought the house that they wanted, and made the improvements that they wanted.

I thought about trading the si for a cobalt SS, or a 350z. I'm keeping the civic, because it's a good reliable car. It looks the way I want it to look, the interior is exactly what I want, and I like the smooth transmission. If it's lacking a little whp, I can fix that.

People also mod cars, because it's a hobby. Other people do it, because they want to have something different, from the thousands of other civics, on the road.

This thread is useless.
I have spent more than 10k on my car, I know what modifying cars as a hobby is and I surely have that one, but now im thinking that i have spent too much that i could get a better car with that money..

why so harsh, man..

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Some people want performance, but they're stuck to one body style. To be honest, do what you feel like doing. If you swapped in a K20a to your FD1, it'd be pretty quick, unique, one of a kind. It'd be something that you built and made, not something that you bought. Take pride in what you do!

·
Registered
115 Posts

This thread is useless.

Post of the day right there. Well said bro.

·
Registered
460 Posts
hmm.. Because by swapping into a cars like EG or CRX, the swapped engine (most likely one of those high ends) will boost up the lighted weighted car... It really is no brainer to push a 2000 lbs hatch with 200hp!! It's really, absolutely crazy!!!
Unless you wish to spend more money to buy quickest cars... like sti or evo... or even s2000.. it's completely up to your preference but I would LOVE to do such hatch project...

·
Registered
17,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
tru but ur car is sexy addy, i want ur front in so bad 4 my mugen
thanks bro, that's why i been thinking tooo much about an engine swap, i really love how my car is one of the kind in the country, but sometimes i wish i could give it gas and actually get acceleration..

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
thanks bro, that's why i been thinking tooo much about an engine swap, i really love how my car is one of the kind in the country, but sometimes i wish i could give it gas and actually get acceleration..

there's a trade off with acceleration. MPG It can be done in any car, But what I really like that's sooo unique about the si is that you can get on it and burn gas if you want or be easy on it and still get good gas mileage compare to anything else performance oriented out there.

then again the cobalt does get great gas mileage so it depends...but i do agree with you.

·
Registered
17,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It's depend if you have LX and you put JDM FD2 k20a in it that's make sense.
But If you have EX or LX and swap the Si engine in that doesn't make sense at all.
It's originally an LX, I would rather swap the k20a from the ctr, yes, I am going to import an engine overseas either way.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.