8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i have been through 3 different salesmen at our honda dealership...The first one got fired for god knows what...the second one got us a good deal on a 2007 Civic LX MT with 18" 7 Spoke HFP wheels, Tires, and HFP Suspension ($20,000 OTD_Includes tax,title,tag and doc fee)..So we go in on Tuesday say we would like to pick up our car on friday because that is when we will have our money...Our car was a rare one says the dealer (Royal blue pearl, 4 dr, MT) But he gets right on the computer and finds one in Toledo, Ohio says he is going to send someone to pick it up Wed morning...ok, all is good and well...call wed, car is on its way...go to dealership wed night to look at it after everyone is gone...NO CAR!!! Call Thursday, our salesman left for vacation in Vegas, no car....So now there is a new salesman, he says that the car will be on the lot that day...So Thursday night we go back to the dealership, once again after everyone is gone...NO CAR!!!! So I go over there this morning to talk with the newest salesman face to face...Friday is his day off!!!! Some other salesman says that they just sent someone to get the car this morning and it will be there by noon, but will not be ready until at least monday sometime...What is wrong with dealers? I swear its like the don't want to make the sale, i am half tempted to let them finish the car, then go over there and tell them to stick it up there ass and go to another dealership...Anyone else ever have problems like this with dealers lying?

I would also like to add that my credit sucks so the dealership is financing me, plus i am putting $10,000 down, i feel like i am trapped at this dealership because i have bad credit, if i could find another dealership to finance me i would tell this Honda dealership to kiss my ass!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
thats why they are called, "Stealerships" they always lie, i would make a stink to like a sales manager or something. and explain how your gonna take ur business else where. maybe they will make a deal for u

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
as it stands right now it looks like the might let us drive another car until monday when the car is ready...but who knows with these guys...

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
man you guys are all lucky, the dealership by me wanted like almost 3 grand for the hfp body kit, and like 2gs for the 18 hfp rims and then on top of that like 143$ dollors each for the tires, and about 2200 for the navi.

total of that would have been 4772, that means my si would have been like 33k and total after finance would be like 45k

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
Jay4dnb said:
I would also like to add that my credit sucks so the dealership is financing me, plus i am putting $10,000 down, i feel like i am trapped at this dealership because i have bad credit, if i could find another dealership to finance me i would tell this Honda dealership to kiss my ass!
the dealership doesnt finance your car...honda financial does. if one dealer can get you to be approved...the others can also. if you didnt sign for the deal yet, just go to a differnt dealer.

·
Registered
131 Posts
NighthawkSi is right

American Honda Finance (or another lending institution) is financing your loan.

If you got approved at that particular dealership, but don't like their service, just goto another dealership.

I wish I could explain why it's taking so long to get your car. There could be any number of reasons. The dealership where the car is actually located may be giving your dealership trouble for any number of reasons.

The car might have been damaged and either the sending or receiving dealership could be trying to fix it.

but if you don't feel comfortable with the situation, walk away. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NIGHTHAWKSI said:
the dealership doesnt finance your car...honda financial does. if one dealer can get you to be approved...the others can also. if you didnt sign for the deal yet, just go to a differnt dealer.
No, Honda turned me down, the dealership i am going through has its own financing, i guess the owner of the place does it for you, like pays for it out of his pocket then you pay him back...Interest rate is kinda high too, 18%...anyone wanna loan me $10,000 - joking... I guess the whole point is that if you tell someone you can do something and then it turns out that you can't, let that person know instead of giving them the run around...I would have not been mad if he would have said we are having some issues getting the vehicle, but we will have it ready by monday, i would have appreciated the honesty...

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
dont buy a car for 18% intrest...with 10k down i dont see why you cant get financed by a regular bank. that is almost 1/2 of the cost. please shop around.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
NIGHTHAWKSI said:
dont buy a car for 18% intrest...with 10k down i dont see why you cant get financed by a regular bank. that is almost 1/2 of the cost. please shop around.
I guess it has a lot to do with the fact that i haven't been at my current job long enough and that my credit sucks anyway, we have tried like 10 or 12 different banks and all said no...So other than do the 18% and pay it off early which is what we want to do anyway i have no other option.

·
All Liver GSP's!
3,619 Posts
Jay4dnb said:
No, Honda turned me down, the dealership i am going through has its own financing, i guess the owner of the place does it for you, like pays for it out of his pocket then you pay him back...Interest rate is kinda high too, 18%...anyone wanna loan me $10,000 - joking... I guess the whole point is that if you tell someone you can do something and then it turns out that you can't, let that person know instead of giving them the run around...I would have not been mad if he would have said we are having some issues getting the vehicle, but we will have it ready by monday, i would have appreciated the honesty...

WHOA WHOA, hold it right there......first of all......they are putting you on the back burner because they know you cant but a car anywhere else.

Second.....you NEED to do a bunch of research before you sign of this this guys "In house financing" Who's name is the vehicle titled in? What happens if you are late, or miss a payment? Be VERY VERY careful. If you dont, you may end up basically being late on a payment by a few days and come outside to find your car has been repoed.

Are you sure it is dealer in house or did they get a local bank to pick you up? I would post back on here and send me a PM before you sign up.

I hope this helps man, I dont want to see you get into something you cant handle. :eek:hnoes:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Jay4dnb said:
No, Honda turned me down, the dealership i am going through has its own financing...
I seriously doubt that.

I could be wrong but, I've been working for Honda for a year now and I've never heard of a individual dealership doing their own financing.

I believe he found a bank / credit union to finance your loan and just isn't telling you which one it is.

Think about it, if you belive that because of your bad credit, that you are bound to them since they are the only ones that will finance your loan, then you wont be inclined to buy anywhere else.

I think it's just a tactic they are using against you. :confused:

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
07BlakBlak said:
WHOA WHOA, hold it right there......first of all......they are putting you on the back burner because they know you cant but a car anywhere else.

Second.....you NEED to do a bunch of research before you sign of this this guys "In house financing" Who's name is the vehicle titled in? What happens if you are late, or miss a payment? Be VERY VERY careful. If you dont, you may end up basically being late on a payment by a few days and come outside to find your car has been repoed.

Are you sure it is dealer in house or did they get a local bank to pick you up? I would post back on here and send me a PM before you sign up.

I hope this helps man, I dont want to see you get into something you cant handle. :eek:hnoes:
I guess they are giving us a civic to drive over the weekend, but Saturday when our salesman comes back we are going to go in and have a serious chat with him, supposedly there was a bank that he knew the manager of, he called him right in front of us and asked him to take a second look at our application and to please approve it so he could make the sale (which he was working his own buddy because he knows he can finance us through the dealership) But we never recieved an answer back on that, so tom morning we are going in there at 9am and getting this stuff straight, plus if my car is going to be there at noon today there is no reason that they could not have it done by tom afternoon...

Thank all of you for your concern and i will try to get a better deal on the financing...

·
All Liver GSP's!
3,619 Posts
Gamera said:
I seriously doubt that.

I could be wrong but, I've been working for Honda for a year now and I've never heard of a individual dealership doing their own financing.

I believe he found a bank / credit union to finance your loan and just isn't telling you which one it is.

Think about it, if you belive that because of your bad credit, that you are bound to them since they are the only ones that will finance your loan, then you wont be inclined to buy anywhere else.

I think it's just a tactic they are using against you. :confused:
No, he is getting ready to sign up for "In house financing". Ask your finance manager what that is, he will tell you all about it. Its the same thing a note lot does....he is not actually financing the car....he is renting it from the dealer, who is collecting the 18% interest. The problem is that he is not building his credit stronger, and he misses a payment or is late the dealer can come pop his car with no notice. Also, the car isnt going to be titled in his name!!

Huge red flag!!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
to my knowledge the car note is going to be in my name...Just another thing for me to check out when i go on there tom morning... I am seeing now that i really need to read all the fine print so i don't get screwed....

·
Registered
131 Posts
07BlakBlak said:
No, he is getting ready to sign up for "In house financing". Ask your finance manager what that is, he will tell you all about it.
gotcha, we don't do that at my dealership, and a lot of competitor dealerships in MD don't do it either..

which is why I haven't heard of it.

learn something new everyday :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Get an option contract and take it to your bank or to a local credit union to get it financed. When they see you are putting 10K down you will get approved in a heart beat! My credit union's HIGHEST interest rate right now on new cars is 8.5%.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts