8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 214 Posts

·
Banned
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious as to why people picked the colors that they did. How simple was it? Were you stuck between a couple of colors.

With me, I was between black, silver and white. I was kinda on the neutral side. I am one of the FEW people that figi blue didnt appeal to. My dealership had, black, silver, and figi blue to pick from with the Si Sedans. White was what I had drilled into my mind. I drove over two hours to get my taffy white Si Sedan and I still haven't regretted it.:dancing:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Nearly every car I have ever had has been white. Our EX sedan is white and I got the GGM on my Si just to try something different. I thought it was still classy and made for a nice change. If the white would have been a crystal or pearl white, then I would have gotten that on my Si.

·
Banned
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No offense to figi blue owners, but I really don't like it. Friends that I went with were like 'Dude your hella lucky, you get to get it in BLUE'. I was like...'it's ugly'. Just didn't like the color changing it had. Just my taste I guess...

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
I test drove a Taffy White FA5 and was going to get one in that color only to see Fiji Blue. Love at first sight as they say. Kind of like proposing to a woman you are only slightly interested in and then seeing the one you really want to be with walk by. Time to get the ring back.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I got NHBP, I wanted white, but it was a 6 month wait with navi, and the black one was a customer cancellation. I do love black, it looks the best when its cleaned and freshly waxed.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
mine was GG or ABSM. so i went with the less dirt show ABSM. but wanted white that it was impossible to get white beside waiting. i don't even have a car that time cause my accord got stolen.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
si exclusive, throwback to electron blue which was on my previous fav. si. and it seems like all sporty honda/acuras have some sort of special blue that is like the "it" color for the car. which is why the mugen is only offered in fiji. plus i just love the way it looks!

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Well I chose NHBP because I had a gray car before and i always looked at it and never liked it or hated it So i wanted something that would kick it up a notch.
my friend got a Black 06 Accord and i loved the black's prestige and sexiness when clean.
So when I went to get the car i had my heart set on only that color and a coupe.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
i wanted the Fiji blue since i saw the color before the sedans even came out. I dont like black becaise its hard to keep clean and it seems to hide all the lines on a car. I test drove a Silver one, but im not a fan of silver, although it did look good on the sedan. I had to order mine in blue and they said it would be 2-3weeks. I got a call about 3 days later saying they had my car from another dealer and i could go get it.

Edit. And i have always wanted a blue car since i was a little kid

·
Registered
892 Posts
I chose ASM because it was on the lot and requires the least amount of maintenence. My uncle managed Honda dealerships for 20+ years and said to never buy anything other than Black, White, or Silver because they're the easiest to sell/trade in. That also factored into my decision.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
When I went to the dealership, I had to choose a color. I told my dad the only color I wanted was Taffeta White but he asked what would be a secondary color. I decided Atomic Blue Metallic was the second best color. It was the best out of blues there were.

My dad went to the dealership in Capitol Honda and drove two cars - TW and ABM. He decided the ABM drove better so he called me and told me he was going to get ABM even though I fought it profusely. Still, I am pretty happy that I got ABM.

I got an ABM EX Sedan but if I had to choose again, I would definitely have gone for the TW Si Sedan.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Well, I got NHBP...

I wanted FBP and the dealership couldn't find one, so then I wanted HRP and the same thing. Then they sold the RR one they had but I didn't want that anyways b/c it has been test driven way too much. So then one day when I stopped down @ the dealership to talk to my uncle I seen the NHBP just come off the truck and I wanted it! It was the last 2007 FG2 they were getting in too. All of my friends said they could see me in the black the most. NHBP is an amazing color, I love it, but sometimes I still wish I got HRP b/c it's an amazing color and black is a ***** to keep clean.

1 - 20 of 214 Posts