8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know? seems weird that they'd lower the gas mileage when it's essentially the exact same car as the '07.

·
Premium Member
19,580 Posts
They read all the VTEC Abuse threads on here and had a meeting regarding the Estimated MPG. SO 29MPG is more of a reasonable estimate.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so they didn't change anything on the car to make it get less than the '07's? B/c I hear of people getting 31/32 mpg...& it'd be nice to get that since my Jeep gets nothing near it.

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts
They are actually testing the vehicles to show what the "real" mpg is. I heard they used to only test drive for only a mile in some cases and then do some numbers to get the "suggested" mpg.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The old tests were created in to 70's I believe. They updated the tests to show gas mileage with current driving conditions .

·
Registered
10,957 Posts
The "old" testing was done on a fully warmed up engine, on a set flat level course, only done when the outside temps were optimal, very slow accleration, and no A/C use. Top speed was limited.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
ever since i had my custom exhaust done.... been wasting gas lot now....well not lot but more than usual...

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Well are you sure its not you that is pushing the car harder. Because when we all tend to get new mods for our car we want to hear and feel them so we push the car harder and thus our mileage drops.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
All the new cars for 2008 have re-rated fuel economy numbers. The government changed the testing procedures to make it more realistic. The old numbers were based on standards from the 1970's.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
not sure what this works out to, but i'm usually hitting the pump after 220 or so miles and i have about a quater of a tank maybe a little less left on the guage. sound about right?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Ok well the air conditioning use and colder temperatures shouldn't be apart of it because thats something that is expected...

·
Registered
420 Posts
2007 LC Coupe here, and I am still getting 38-40 MPG. Granted I do not have any engine mods and I dont drive my car like I stole it. I am modding my car for flash not dash. =)

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
dnbsi said:
not sure what this works out to, but i'm usually hitting the pump after 220 or so miles and i have about a quater of a tank maybe a little less left on the guage. sound about right?
curious if this sounds about right to other si owners?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts