8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just reading some other threads on here and was thinking.... why does every say debadge your "civic" logo? Are you ashamed to be driving a civic? to me it doesnt look "cleaner" I kind of think it looks naked without it.

Just my thought on the topic. What is everyone else opinions/reasons for doing this?

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
I like it without the civic logo..
I don't think its because its a civic, everyone knows it already haha.. it just makes it look clean, its probably all personal preference

hows the car treating you? been to anymore meets?

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hoanger said:
I like it without the civic logo..
I don't think its because its a civic, everyone knows it already haha.. it just makes it look clean, its probably all personal preference

hows the car treating you? been to anymore meets?
The car is great, i got my sportlines put in not to long ago and they look tight. now i just need some rims.

I went on the cruise 4 cancer on sunday....it rained which was no fun but there were over 600 cars on the cruise which was pretty cool. There was a blue Si that was behind me the whole cruise....dont know if he's on here or not.

We need to get a meet in calgary before winter comes!!!

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
Element63 said:
The car is great, i got my sportlines put in not to long ago and they look tight. now i just need some rims.

I went on the cruise 4 cancer on sunday....it rained which was no fun but there were over 600 cars on the cruise which was pretty cool. There was a blue Si that was behind me the whole cruise....dont know if he's on here or not.

We need to get a meet in calgary before winter comes!!!
wicked, I've got function/form coilovers coming in that I just ordered from autodream today. What rims are you thinking of getting? I was thinking of selling my work's... interested? hahaha

Yeah I saw your thread about the cruise, I was considering it but I was busy.. sounded cool.

true that, We need more calgary peeps.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
idk, i have my civic badge and a hfp emblem on the back of my r18. if i ever debadged my civic, i would take off the lip spoiler and slam it. for some reason it looks better that way to me. anyway, heres a couple pics.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
ameuba10 said:
idk, i have my civic badge and a hfp emblem on the back of my r18. if i ever debadged my civic, i would take off the lip spoiler and slam it. for some reason it looks better that way to me. anyway, heres a couple pics.

nice sparkle you got there :thumb:

but IMO, i like it debaged. just looks cleaner to me

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
badges always look out of place when they arent on something flat or if they are floating in the middle of a panel.

the coupe does both. eww.. has to go.

the sedans badges would be ok if it were up in the top part of the trunk like BMW or Mercedes or Toyota does.

down low it looks out of place and it should go, but not as desperatly as the coupe.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
i know some people debadge if they live in bad neighborhoods or neighborhoods with ******* kids always around

because you can either... debadge yourself without damaging your paint or wait for someone else to rip off your Si emblem with a razor blade....

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
e60.deluxe said:
badges always look out of place when they arent on something flat or if they are floating in the middle of a panel.

the coupe does both. eww.. has to go.

the sedans badges would be ok if it were up in the top part of the trunk like BMW or Mercedes or Toyota does.

down low it looks out of place and it should go, but not as desperatly as the coupe.
I'm actually thinking of doing this, moving my "Si" badge up to the upper right corner on my coupe.

In regards to the topic, I also think it looks cleaner. I took off the "Civic" badge because it's quite large, in comparison to the "Si" logo to the right of it. It was unbalanced. Plus, they don't badge up the cars to say "LX", "DX", "EX" anymore...why not just take off the Civic? Most luxury vehicles even has "debadge" as a dealer option....

1 - 20 of 65 Posts