8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On here alone there are several SI's for sale. How come so many people are getting rid of them? i mean i counted 13 on the first page alone.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
are you sure its an 2006-2008 civic si?
Its probably because everyones moving up to new cars because there are so many new and faster cars out plus premium only is pretty steep.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Scarifies. People need the money for other stuff. Some would be down payment for another car or even a house. I would rather have a house and ride the bus over owning a car and living in an apartment.

There's other people who needs a different type of vehicle because of the place they're going to. Honda06si for example, he's selling his ajp power si because he's going to school in West Virginia.

·
Banned
49,418 Posts
Some people like my dad and grandfather trade their car in every 2 years just to have a new low low mileage car that is always under warranty...me? I will probably give this one to my step-daughter when the 9th gen comes out

·
Banned
6,166 Posts
On here alone there are several SI's for sale. How come so many people are getting rid of them? i mean i counted 13 on the first page alone.

Go look at the technical chat and you will see why.

(In all seriousness) The Si is kind of like the SRT-4 everyone wanted it when it came out, they modded it and upgraded to something else (Usually a GTO, EVO, STi, 350Z and here lately it's been the MS3) People are getting the Si and just want something better.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
what they said. its not a bad thing that everyone is selling them. i almost got rid of mine last week because there was an evo 8 for sale in town. i passed it up because i love my car so much. if they had wanted a few grand less i would prolly have gotten it.

·
Banned
6,166 Posts
what they said. its not a bad thing that everyone is selling them. i almost got rid of mine last week because there was an evo 8 for sale in town. i passed it up because i love my car so much. if they had wanted a few grand less i would prolly have gotten it.
Evo 8-9's are going for about 25k now... Maybe the MS3 will get passed up...

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
This happens with a lot of newer cars, people either don't do all their research and they realize the car isn't what they really wanted once they own it for a while. Aside from that there are always financial reasons and family reasons, for example they can't afford it, or their buying a house or having a kid. And then there are always people who upgrade.

Me I'm happy with my car, I came from owning a '98 GSR with almost 115k miles on it and I love my Si and plan on owning it for a long time.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
Evo 8-9's are going for about 25k now... Maybe the MS3 will get passed up...
this was for 22.3k. bad clutch and in below average condition. it had after market cams. the boost guage was only reading 9 lbs. it looked like the guy that had it before had it highly modified and striped it to sell it. then did not tune it back. if they wanted 18 i would have prlly traded it. it was not that fast. i ran it with my buddy driving and then we switched cars and from a dig only lost by a fender. that was from a dig. i needed some work.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts

·
Premium Member
37,357 Posts
2 year limit. Alot of folks move on around the 2 year mark. In march, I will have had this car for 2 years. I've only owned one car longer than that. My del Sol. I'm keeping mine though. I love it too much.

·
Banned
6,166 Posts
this was for 22.3k. bad clutch and in below average condition. it had after market cams. the boost guage was only reading 9 lbs. it looked like the guy that had it before had it highly modified and striped it to sell it. then did not tune it back. if they wanted 18 i would have prlly traded it. it was not that fast. i ran it with my buddy driving and then we switched cars and from a dig only lost by a fender. that was from a dig. i needed some work.
These are like 20k-30k mileage, for 25k damn good condition.. Basic bolt-ons, and a MR edition=ownage.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
These are like 20k-30k mileage, for 25k damn good condition.. Basic bolt-ons, and a MR edition=ownage.
i that was the case i would not have a si now. it was only an 8. if it was a 9 mr then it would have been all mine. it had 50k on it. it was raggid.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I think a lot of it is they get a taste of a fast car and realize they have money to buy an even faster car.
I agree. I'm eying up a new 135i myself. I've gone from 130HP->200HP->300HP (hopefully). Supercharger for the Si, or save up for a 135i, that's the question I'm asking myself right now.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yea i agree with all of you. i almost traded in my XRS cuz I could have gotten a 04 6-speed V6 accord coupe for about 15k. it has the HFP body kit and rims. hey what color is that EVO 8 you were talking about? The guy I work with is lookin for an EVO. Just needs to be under $25,000..and within 50 miles of Memphis, TN

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
well we are farther than 50 miles of memphis but still kinda close. it was sliver. there was a better one fs in memphis but i was not making a day trip there.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts