8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess the topic and my rant could be Subaru owners in their 20's/teens and ricer flybys. I have nearly gotten hit two times today once by a 2009 WRX and other time by an STI hatch bright blue. This was while cruising with my friends yellow RS4 and a supercharged M3 down the freeway in my Goat on the 101 obeying traffic laws, coming back from the canyons. What do you have to prove Subaru owner?!?!
I wonder does the AWD and ken block adds make them feel they’re invincible and entitled to weave between us nearly clipping the audi and rearending me at high speeds? Or the STI owner pulling next to us reving with his blow off valve taking off and almost merging into the SUV in front of us.
I have now officially labeled Subarus as the new ricers or better yet the SRT4owners now own subarus.
They use to be such cool owners (quirky like saab and volvo guys) but it looks like they have been converted over to the Douche brand bent on their awd greatness. They constantly rev on anyone they see and most of them have aftermarket waste gates unmatching rims painted in bright green or blue. Even more embarrassing is the fact I got a couple of these retards that live up the block from me. Constantly flooring it up the block with their boxster fart can exhaust late at night. (One Guy use to have a scion TC)
I’m curious if anyone else has noticed the change lately? Or is this just a Cali thing…yikes

End rant

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Oh and don't forget about Srt-4 owners they're douches too...I used to owned one but I was not a douche..:)

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Usually i find it the opposite...

I'll be riding with the family in my car and have some honda reving their engines at me bouning off the rev limiter or cutting in from of me trying to get me going to race them. Or like you said the ricer flybye.... I'm sure this happens with all makes of cars depending on who the ass hat is behind the wheel these days. Plus I;m not going to be some jerk and try to show up a 200whp car on the road to be like " I sure showed him" I got better things to do and would rather take it to the track :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
i feel u on this..i was in a 35mph zone and this sti was comin up behind me in my lane goin at least 65+ and i guess he was expecting me to move out of the way..but instead i stepped on the brakes and all u heard was screeeeeeeeeech..i was hopin he would hit me..

·
Registered
527 Posts
I see so many idiot STI and EVO owners weaving in and out of traffic...sometimes I just want to smash my car into them.

Although I do see MANY (young) Civic drivers trying to rev at me...doesn't seem to matter what kind of car I'm in either.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
its any and every sporty car. its the age of the drivers mostly. young punks think there car is all that. it makes their 2" ____ feel bigger.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
i find the opposite thing . most people especially where i live are Nerds haha

2 i know guys with 08 sti's wear sandals that have the toes covered and squint with there glasses on lawl.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
i find the opposite thing . most people especially where i live are Nerds haha

2 i know guys with 08 sti's wear sandals that have the toes covered and squint with there glasses on lawl.

Yeah here in northern NE the suby guys are very down to earth and all the meets and bbq's are family based and such where people bring there kids and wife with them all the time.... They are not aggressive and do there own thing not looking for trouble so it could be just certain parts or area's.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Yeah here in northern NE the suby guys are very down to earth and all the meets and bbq's are family based and such where people bring there kids and wife with them all the time.... They are not aggressive and do there own thing not looking for trouble so it could be just certain parts or area's.
there mellow here. one guy drives a blue 08 sti he has a thick mustache and he drive below the speed limit lol. cars probably never seen about 5K rpm

·
Registered
277 Posts
ok ya'll wanna know why they act like this? because its very very hard to drive a fast car slow. especially when only had it for less than a year, and people who keeps modifying their fast cars, makes it even that much harder to drive it slow. I had an 89 Porshe 944S2 here in germany and i must say, it was very hard to drive slow for two reasons, one because when you get on the autobahns, everyone and their mother with an opel corsa turbo, or astra, or vw golf wanna race you, and 2, because it was soo much fun to drive fast then slow. thats why.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Well actually Ken block drives for ford now cause world rally doesn't Accept awd only front and rear now and subie owners are quite calm and content in my area it's the mexi-hondas that have become the true annoyence they think an exhaust leak sounds cool and plastic hub caps are the sheet lol

1 - 20 of 169 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.