8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out today that mine was built in Canada, therefore, will not arrive for an additional week or so. I thought I remembered people saying that the most troublesome Si's were built in Canada? Is this true? I know I remember seeing people w/ some kind of paint issue w/ their car that was built in Canada?

Any feedback at all? :xyxnervou

·
Premium Member
2,042 Posts
why dont they train the salesman....they are so full of ***...everyone there is...I was looking at an odyssey for the wfe...and hes telling me about vtec...get real...factory odysseys don't have my opinion of vtec

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
What Canada? Whats vtec? Seriously, the only cars you should be worried about are cars built in Mexico. Not being a tard but most of the cars built in Mexico seem to fail alot!!!! VW for one.

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
Okay.

ALL coupes (DX, LX, EX, EX-L, Si) and the Si sedan are built in Alliston, Ontario, Canada.

Most sedans are built in Ohio. Some are imported from Japan.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
The transmision 6 manual shift / and our z203z engine was built in Japan!!!!! For our Si's
the rest of the car was built in Canada.......!!!!

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
why dont they train the salesman....they are so full of ***...everyone there is...I was looking at an odyssey for the wfe...and hes telling me about vtec...get real...factory odysseys don't have my opinion of vtec
ODYSSEY HAS VTEC NOOB!!!!:vtec:

VTEC is VTEC no matter what the system is the dam same.

The agression of lobes on the cam profiles may differ from SI to type R to accord to odyssey but its still the same FUNDAMENTAL PRINCIPLE

owned?
:eek:hsnap::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

·
Kansas Chainsaw Massacre
6,296 Posts
thats not vtec...there's no comparison...thats emissions vtec, nice valve cover vtec...not hold on we are hitting warp speed vtec
that's kind of like saying that because a house cat is much smaller than a tiger, they must not be in the same family whatsoever.

it's a different kind of vtec, quieter, meeker, calmer- but it's vtec none-the-less. ;)

oh, and I read somewhere that 85% of our cars are made in canada.

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
hmm, I had a scan of my sales thingy ahwhile back. Made in Canada, was like 30% GDP...

·
Kansas Chainsaw Massacre
6,296 Posts
that reminds me- I have my window sticker!

and please keep in mind that the major problem people have with these cars IS the transmission 3rd gear issue. maybe we should be worrying about parts coming from japan. :laughing:

...just kidding. ...I haven't had any problems (on the INTERIOR) with anything other than the visors- the driver's side visor cloth came loose, and neither visor stays in place when I am turning.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
The fist number of your vin is the country code where the car is built...I bet that the first number of everyone's vin is 2...2 = Canada.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts