8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Whos passenger seat rocks?????

4K views 16 replies 16 participants last post by  CUPRA 
#1 ·
I want to get an idea on whos passenger seat rocks. I have read a few posts on this and mine does. Mine has been getting worse.

Has anyone had there whole seat replaced?
Or did they shim it to keep it from rocking?

#5 ·
I don't know. I've only sat in the passenger seat once.:biggrin:

#6 ·
both of my seats rock a little bit. feels like it's the pivot point where the seat folds though, not the brackets.

#7 ·
I have noticed my seat vibrates or rocks when driving over bumpier surfaces.

On a side note I have also noticed that my passenger seat has "bulges", they are not really visible to the eye but when you push your hand over one of the bolsters and the lower side portion on the backrest you can feel something poking out (where the drivers side feels smooth). Almost as if the seat cover isn't aligned properly or the seat wasn't built properly.

I'm almost surprised my passengers haven't complained.

#13 ·
Mine clicks when there is a passenger in it. I noticed it first at a few thousand miles, took it in and all they did was torque the hell out of the bolts that hold the seat carriage to the frame. It has recently started clicking again, so next time it goes in, I will ask for a replacement.

If your seat bolts are actually loose, the seat could actually detach from the car if you get in an accident. That's nothing but bad news. Make the dealer fix it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.