8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get an idea on whos passenger seat rocks. I have read a few posts on this and mine does. Mine has been getting worse.

Has anyone had there whole seat replaced?
Or did they shim it to keep it from rocking?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
hmmm, no idea what you're talking about... so i dont think mine does in that case

reading the topic's title i thought you meant like... who has an awesome passenger seat that rocks out? :D

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
I remember in the 7thgens people had bolts that weren't all the way tight on their seat. If you have a socket set - check the bolts where it mounts to the floor

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
I don't know. I've only sat in the passenger seat once.:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
both of my seats rock a little bit. feels like it's the pivot point where the seat folds though, not the brackets.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
I have noticed my seat vibrates or rocks when driving over bumpier surfaces.

On a side note I have also noticed that my passenger seat has "bulges", they are not really visible to the eye but when you push your hand over one of the bolsters and the lower side portion on the backrest you can feel something poking out (where the drivers side feels smooth). Almost as if the seat cover isn't aligned properly or the seat wasn't built properly.

I'm almost surprised my passengers haven't complained.

·
Banned
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The top portion of mine shakes. It is not as tight as the driverside. Also with a passenger in the seat it shakes

·
Registered
126 Posts
Mines is not tight at all... riding to work with a friend in the passenger seat you can hear it rock back and forth, (the whole seat). im going to have the dealer take a look at it but it will be a while since they are busy with the holiday season

·
Registered
260 Posts
just tighten the bolt holding down the front end of it.. mine rocked before.. well i had to take out my seats once.. but after that the bolt came loose.. just tighten it up again.. perhaps some threadlock will help

·
Premium Member
19,670 Posts
My drives seat rocked, the dealer had to replace the entire subframe of the seat.

i think the passenger side might be doing it now too, but since i never sit over there i dont know for sure, and it doesnt rattle so it doesnt bother me too much

·
Registered
693 Posts
Mine clicks when there is a passenger in it. I noticed it first at a few thousand miles, took it in and all they did was torque the hell out of the bolts that hold the seat carriage to the frame. It has recently started clicking again, so next time it goes in, I will ask for a replacement.

If your seat bolts are actually loose, the seat could actually detach from the car if you get in an accident. That's nothing but bad news. Make the dealer fix it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I had mine fixed at the dealership twice, it was something with the tracking.

They said if it happens again, I will get a new seat with new tracking.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
I want to get an idea on whos passenger seat rocks. I have read a few posts on this and mine does. Mine has been getting worse.

Has anyone had there whole seat replaced?
Or did they shim it to keep it from rocking?
It is not normal (or safe) for a seat to be loose. If your car is still under warranty have it fixed or replaced by the dealer.

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
My memory walk in function no longer works, and I have dealt with repeated rattles some somewhere at the base of the seat.

·
Registered
981 Posts
My drivers seat creaks like crazy every time I accelerate. It gets fekin annoying that's for sure... I need to see if tightening it helps at all...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts