8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright the members here are starting to file in. 99% from 7th gen. So we kno most of us own 01+ vics. So the big question is.......Who is actually 100% getting this new SI? I will be purchasing it for sure my friend and I..spoke to the dealer and he will give us a discount cause we are buying them together.

·
Registered
98 Posts
If I need to get a new one, I'll get an 8th gen. If say, my 7th gen were to get stolen, or totally wrecked ;) I'd spend some of my own money to opt for the Si model. But I'd be happy with a sedan once again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I love my 03, and I liked the concept pics of the 8thgen, but I dont think i'll rush in and decide to get it just yet. You never know something better may come along.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think it depends who you talk to..My dealer didnt have much info he calls my folks every now and then just to give an update that they are working on infor about the car to keep me in the loop.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I'd really like to get one when it's released, but I'd probably wait a little longer with my 04. Has Honda ever had recalls on their new models?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
06SiAficionado said:
I'd really like to get one when it's released, but I'd probably wait a little longer with my 04. Has Honda ever had recalls on their new models?
No recalls on our 04's I checked like recently..

·
Registered
12 Posts
I wouldent get it the first year, they always fix or make it better after first couple years. How much is the price range going to be?

·
Registered
6 Posts
SevenCyrus said:
I wouldent get it the first year, they always fix or make it better after first couple years. How much is the price range going to be?
yeah but when u wait a few years...you have the problem that us 04's have where they make everything for 01-03 (not that there is that much) and a lot of stuff wont fit on a 04-05. it kinda sucks...but defiantly usally not a great idea to get it the first year its out.

but since honda does some much R&D before they release a car...they have minmial issues with there cars. Domestics should learn and stop being so cheap with there R&D and they might actually come out with something worth while without having to take it back to the dealer within the first year the consumer has it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i saw somewhere the SI will be roughly $21k base but thats not confirmed yet. I havent seen anything about dx/lx/ex as of yet...all the hype is over the SI so there isnt much press about the lower models.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am actually thinking of buying one it depends how it looks when i see it at the dealship the pictures look badass now i have to see it live

·
Registered
29 Posts
I want one, but I'll hold off for the second year when the little problems are found and fixed.

After the quirks on the 01 civics, (I have an 02) that's probably not a bad idea.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I was thinking about it but as great as it is....I think Im done with front wheel drive and if the new wrx looks like the sti (yes I like the new design) and has a bump in power...Ill prolly ge that

·
Registered
321 Posts
There's speculation that the new Si will use the same or similar engine to the RSX-S (K20A2/K20Z1). The engine would have been extensively tested and proven by now. The tranny sounds a lot like the RSX-S's as well. The 05+ had some tranny problems fixed and hopefully that carries over to the 06+ Vic as well. Again, all speculation.

I'm hoping that the suspension is going to be compatible with the RSX's. There's already a lot of stuff out for it. I recall seeing a 02+ Civic strut used in an RSX.

Excal said:
yeah but when u wait a few years...you have the problem that us 04's have where they make everything for 01-03 (not that there is that much) and a lot of stuff wont fit on a 04-05. it kinda sucks...but defiantly usally not a great idea to get it the first year its out.

but since honda does some much R&D before they release a car...they have minmial issues with there cars. Domestics should learn and stop being so cheap with there R&D and they might actually come out with something worth while without having to take it back to the dealer within the first year the consumer has it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
If it was strictly up to me, yes 100% sure if...

Hid's / Navi / Leather / Sirius are available, all for under $23,000....

It's not strictly up to me though. I keep telling the woman that she's going to be blown away by the new civic. She keeps saying she wants to go more "upscale" she doesnt think a new civic equiped like I stated above is an "upgrade"...

So that makes me want to spend mony on the `04, we've had lowering springs for over a year now, but we've been moved all over the country. I finally have time to install them, just have not because we've been talking about getting rid of it...

We keep killing animals with it. The bumper has been repainted 3 times allready and needs it again. We're never buying RED again, its like they are attracted to it. I ran over a rabbit last night, he went accross the road, so I thought, he's safe. Then he decides he wants to get ran over by a red car, poor kid...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts