8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Xenin said:
hmm, Dartmouth eh, you wouldnt happen to be familiar with Midland Transport?
Indeed I would, I unload their trailers all the time :p I work part-time as a grocery clerk at a Sobeys grocery store, and they deliver some of the "dry" food (imported foods, etc) that we sell in the store, so on occasion the truck shows up early (as in before 10 pm) and I have to unload it before nightcrew shows up.
My father works for Truefoam Ltd. and also deals with them quite a lot.

PS. The Midland Group that purchased the Jordan Grand Prix Formula One team last year is the same group that owns Midland Transport (part of the Irving empire) which is led by Alex Schnaider, correct?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Xenin said:
never heard of him. what kind of food do you unload? i'm the guy that supervises all the stuff going to NS, NB, PEI, NFLD at our Toronto terminal. i always heard that Midland was well known in the east.
We usually receive import items from the Sobeys Central warehouse (somewhere in Ontario), where it arrives from different distributors, and is then sent to the Sobeys Atlantic warehouses (Debert, Stellarton, Oromocto). Sometimes though it is just sent direct to stores, and that is my only (rare) encounter with Midland trailers. They usually show up in the wee hours of the morning, in which the night crew unloads it, but sometimes it runs ahead, and I have to unload it as well.
And yes, Midland is VERY well known in the Maritimes. I see them on the road all the time on the highways around here, and like I said, they have a huge presence in the Burnside Industrial Park here in Dartmouth.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Xenin said:
i cant really think of that what we received from sobeys. i'll have to check next week. good to know.
Yeah, I can't remember when exactly the last time I unloaded anything from Midland. It probably would have been back in July or August, since now that I'm back in school, I'm not working as much.
They aren't our main shipping line of course, Sobeys owns their own fleet of trailers, but we would get the odd one from Midland every few weeks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts