8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any of you that ski or snowboard have your own equipment... i was just wondering if there are any good stores around our area (ONTARIO) [specifically markham] but places near markham is still good..... and where do you go to wax your stuff... i wanna get so many things online but burton stuff doenst ship to canada =( ... anyways.. most importantly i just need to know where to wax my board or if i should just do it myself.. cuz i need to soon... **btw** i dislike sportschek

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
what do you mean burton stuff doesn't ship to canada? last time i checked, burton was sold at almost every board shop.

wax is free with coupon at sporting life website.

shops:
sporting life (overpriced)
boardzone (good if sales are around)
corbetts in oakville
hustler snowboards in oakville
surf paradise in mississauga

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
umm i mean they do sell burton stuff here.. but supposidly burton stuff from the US sites will not ship over here if they are still in season.. unless they are out of season and have something new to replace it... (im bad with wording things.. so here is an example) 2009 burton board 1 will not ship unless a 2010 burton board 1 is created... supposidly cuz US websites signed with burton so that we cant get discounts cuz US sites are much cheaper =(

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
btw thnks for the help.. lemme go look for that sportin life wax coupon now... i wanna get stuff from sierrasnowboards so cheap ... but yeh as i mentioned before about shipping issues

·
Registered
102 Posts
yea im in markham too, but im glad i trek down to sign of skiers. those guys did a great job with gettin me in the right pair of boats

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
which burton board are you looking for?

umm i mean they do sell burton stuff here.. but supposidly burton stuff from the US sites will not ship over here if they are still in season.. unless they are out of season and have something new to replace it... (im bad with wording things.. so here is an example) 2009 burton board 1 will not ship unless a 2010 burton board 1 is created... supposidly cuz US websites signed with burton so that we cant get discounts cuz US sites are much cheaper =(

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
o i actually already have stuff.. im just lookin into investing in a new jacket and snowpants for next year... also lookin for a pair of new anon goggles

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
same here, i just got into snowboarding this winter, just bought snow pants for now got em at sportcheck for a great price 150 for Columbia Titanium snow pants reg like 275.

most of my friends are telling me to wait until the ski / snowboard show in toronto next october..amazing deals.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for all the help guys.. but i never knew there was a snowboard show? LOL... i guess im going to that next year... i need some new gear

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
this is the jacket im lookin for Burton System Snowboard Jacket 2009 - TruSnow .. in "pacific blue" aka turquoise.. planning to rock it with some white snowpants.... currently im wearing black columbia... and i find its way too dark and hard for friends to figure out who u are.. so im planning for that jacket next year...

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
yea im in markham too, but im glad i trek down to sign of skiers. those guys did a great job with gettin me in the right pair of boats
:1:

I'm from Markham, I have been going to The Sign for years... top notch customer service, great staff...

Sporting Life is trash for ski/snowboard tuning. i wouldn't use their service even if it was free.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
aww man LOL but its free LOL... actually im planning to buy my own iron soon and wax...

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok im gona go try sporting life's waxing service today LOL ... u guys scare me so mcuh about their service.. i think im gona take off my bindings myself just in case they dont take it off for me...

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
my experience and friends' experience from SL is not great... they half ass the work. you can only imagine what kind of effort they are going to do when it's free.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
YUP so i just waxed my board at sporting life.. sucks... almost liek it was not waxed at all.. then i went to skiis and biikes.. almost bought an iron.. but decided il just wait till end of season -.- ... sign of the skier is a bit small.. kinda crowded..

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
All my snowboard gear is burton. It is about 6 years old i believe though.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts

anybody know why there is a skiing ad for nevada. Didn't know it ever got cold enough there to do that (except sand boarding maybe)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts