8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
not necessarily people always assume that putting your car on boost will shorten the life a lot. It really depends how you drive it and how well you tuned the engine. Also since our engines are fairly strong, its safe to say a conservative boost setting would give us quite a nice edge.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
not necessarily people always assume that putting your car on boost will shorten the life a lot. It really depends how you drive it and how well you tuned the engine. Also since our engines are fairly strong, its safe to save a conservative boost setting would give us quite a nice edge.
yea
if you turbo a car and don't run the a$$ off of it it will last you just fine (in my opinion)
i cant wait to see the Full Race kit for the Si
i feel an assault on my bank account in the future.....

·
Premium Member
10,300 Posts
If the car is tuned and built properly and taken care of properly it will last as long as any other turbo charged car. The theory that high compression and turbos don't mix is old news. I was talking to one of the Skunk2 techs on the phone recently about this very thing and he said that it means nothing. It's just that you have to be way more precise in your tuning. You will get detonation alot easier with high compression. But if it's tuned correctly it's acually better. You will have less lag with higher compression. Which is always better.

·
Banned
1,722 Posts
with a good tune you can do many things... aswell as not beating the **** out of your car all the time.

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
If the car is tuned and built properly and taken care of properly it will last as long as any other turbo charged car. The theory that high compression and turbos don't mix is old news. I was talking to one of the Skunk2 techs on the phone recently about this very thing and he said that it means nothing. It's just that you have to be way more precise in your tuning. You will get detonation alot easier with high compression. But if it's tuned correctly it's acually better. You will have less lag with higher compression. Which is always better.
:yeahthat: Depends on the driver and the tune. Too most people with boost.. the higher the boost the better.. 8lbs vs 18lbs. Not true.. but it's a status thing to whom can run higher boost.. vs.. how much WHP per boost..

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
I know someone from tampa who is runnning the full race stage 3 gt kit and is puching a lil over 500whp on stock internals. Has been doing so for almost a year now.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
High C/R does not keep a motor from being Turbocharged or S/C. High C/R simply means you dont need as much boost to hit those high HP numbers. a civic with a 9 or 10 to 1 ratio will need more boost than a civic with and 11 to 1 like our 8th gen Si to make the same power.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.