8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear alot of people talking about how much there car is gonna be worth in a few years and so on. I personaly dont give a flyin hoot. Im just curious to how many peps are going to keep their car for a long time and how many are trading them in the near future.

Im just curious.

Maybe a poll would be needed(MODS?).

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have always purchased vehicles based on my interests, not investment. I buy a vehicle for what it has to offer and for the fun and excitement. If at the end of things I get good money for it even better. I feel if you enjoy your vehicle and get the most from it through driving experience than you got what you paid for.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
the cars i buy usually has high resale value... (less my subaru) ... coincidentally.

basically means i have good taste in cars. lol

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
I kinda care about the trade-in value. My parents paid for this car but I will have to purchase my own car in the future and the more money I can milk out of this car the less I need to get a new car (probably an EVO or a WRX)

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I didn't really look at "future value" of the car when I bought it..I was mainly more concerned with style and features...being 21 of course those are my concerns. I know I'm not going to keep this car probably any longer than 2 years. In the end I'm sure I will be glad I bought a car that holds its value pretty well...but it's all about how well you maintain the car as well. Can't get good value out of a car that you don't take care of. Being that your on a site with car enthusists I'm sure most take care of their cars on here..but we all know the many out there that don't...

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
To me, it's only nice to know it has great resale in case I get in a financial bind and need money quick. I really plan of driving my Civic into the ground as I am slowly driving my 96 Accord with 192,000 miles on it into the ground. I hate car payments and I have never been one to get a new or even used car often. I've been driving for 12 years and only owned 4 cars.

·
Banned
339 Posts
personally i have about 1500, actually less to pay the car off. got a good deal. but once im done ill probly just drive it till i get done with college(5 more years)
it will last forever,
it gets good gas,
has alot of aftermarket potential if i ever get bored of it,
and right now...whats better for under 25 grand??

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
yeah i plan on keeping mine for a while, so dont really care about the resale value, plus who knows later on when i try to sell it to some punk the driving laws will probably be so f'ed up that the car wont be worth **** anyways

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I'm keeping mine for a while, at least 5 years, but most won't, they'll trade it in as soon as the next new thing catches their eye that they "have to have."

·
Ijuswannachill
2,028 Posts
Word!!

I suppose it would be cool if I was in the financial position to be in a new car every other year. My car feels like a family member to me now... like a dog or what have you. I didn't drive it all weekend (due to wisdom teeth being pulled) and getting back in it to go to work this morning was liberating, no doubt... haha!

·
Registered
683 Posts
I have always bought Hondas for a reason. They have great resale value. I have had 4 new Hondas in the past 3 years. I had a 2005 Honda CR-V and traded that in for a 2006 Honda Civic hybrid and then traded that in a for a 2007 Honda Civic Si and then just recently traded that in for a 2007 Honda Civic hybrid again. Each time I would just pony up little to no money to move into the other car. Hopefully I will keep this hybrid for awhile.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
exbauer said:
I have always bought Hondas for a reason. They have great resale value. I have had 4 new Hondas in the past 3 years. I had a 2005 Honda CR-V and traded that in for a 2006 Honda Civic hybrid and then traded that in a for a 2007 Honda Civic Si and then just recently traded that in for a 2007 Honda. Each time I would just pony up little to no money to move into the other car. Hopefully I will keep this hybrid for awhile.
im guessing that last car is an accord V6 hybrid. That is the only thing i would see as a trade up from an SI.

·
Registered
683 Posts
06si said:
im guessing that last car is an accord V6 hybrid. That is the only thing i would see as a trade up from an SI.
Actually I got back into a 2007 Honda Civic hybrid again. The Si was my first manual car and it just isn't for me. It was fun for the 5 months I had it, but city driving really got the best of me.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
i dont really sell cars, or change cars often.
my last car had 189,000 mile, and to be quite honest, i wasnt really itching for a new car that badly. it just made sense.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts