8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got it and noticed that not alot of people are talking about this. Or is it even still available? I bought back in 07.
It was 1000$ off for all fits and civics with 5 speeds, because they got a certain mpg that met requirments.
It isnt just honda, it was a goverment grant. And the civic didnt meet the requirement by a tad, so honda decided to give 1000$ anyhow

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought the car back in 07. At that time the goverment was giving back 1000$ to any car that would beat a certain mpg rating, only small cars and hybrids got these. But the civic wasnt one of them, but it came so close that honda decided to give 1000$ back for any civic with a 5 speed only. The honda fit got the goverment rebate because it gets better milage.
So im curious as to if i just lucked out, or do they still have this rebate in effect?

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
the time i bought my car in 08, there was a $1000 rebate, and a $1000 off pst. so a $2000 savings.. i didn't get any of it cuz i got an Si

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They actually still have it , i checked the gov website.
So how much did you guys pay for your cars, out the door?

I paid 22 500 out the door for a dxg. 1.9% for 5 years.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You got a great deal if it was only 23K. Maybe you should go find out exactly how much you paid

1 - 17 of 17 Posts