8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
2,370 Posts
In my area, cool people...like myself...use Civics (Si's in particular). None are used for taxis or security...

·
Banned
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In my area, everyone drives Civics. I have a coworker lady, she's 63 years old, and she drives a 2006 Civic Si. She got pulled over by a cop for no reason, not for speeding, and the cop asked her if it was her car. She had to pull out papers to prove it was registered to her. A Civic is definately not a cool car in my area, I swear, every single street and avenue has at least one 8th gen. civic.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
While 8th Gen Civics are not a dime a dozen here, they are fairly common. Si's however are another thing. Since the 8th Gen Si came out for the '06 model, I have scarcely seen any FG2's or FA5's on the road. In dealership lots, yes, but on the street, no.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Same here ^

I rarely ever see an Si around where i live. There is about 6 Civics where I live, most of them Sedans. I see at least 4 a day on my way to work and such.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
You see tons of Civics on the expressway (LIE) but very few Si but when I do see them they're mostly sedans nowadays (makes owning a Si coupe even more unique).

·
Banned
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I must say that 8th gen. Civic Si's aren't too common here. But I discovered that Civic hybrids are common for taxis and people who live in the, ironically, posh side of town. What I don't understand is that I rarely see regular 8th non-Hybird 8th gen Civics in the posh side of town. It's like these people are trying to make a statement like I'm rich and environmental.

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
i don't see many Si's on the streets here in Port St. Lucie FL. But I see a bunch of 4drs and coupe's with female drivers all the time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts