8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone around here wanna help me install a infinity basslink?? I've never installed a sub before and dont feel like learning on my own lol. I'm sure I can do it, but I'd rather not spend an entire day tryin by myself.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
If you're using the Infinity Basslink it'll be pretty easy, just do a search for the DIY on the power wire to the trunk, that's basically all you'll need seeing as the Basslink is self contained, I'm planning on getting the Basslink II myself, I don't want a huge box in my trunk, I need the space

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Duce2k said:
If you're using the Infinity Basslink it'll be pretty easy, just do a search for the DIY on the power wire to the trunk, that's basically all you'll need seeing as the Basslink is self contained, I'm planning on getting the Basslink II myself, I don't want a huge box in my trunk, I need the space
Ya but I dont know how to hook it up to the HU... I understand the power part.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whispaz said:
a bit late but i can help if you still need it. I'm actually selling a basslink. pretty easy install
really??? where are you at? ill take it off you if you wanna help me throw it in or if the price is right. did you have the baslink in your civic? if so how did it sound.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Actually you don't even need to get behind the stock head unit. Just run the power wire from the battery. (see DIY section) Then find a location for a ground in the trunk (best is to clean an area of paint and drill one) Then buy a Line Out Converter (LOC) and hook it up to left right + - of the rear speakers to use for RCA outputs. That's pretty much it. If your a good DIYer it shouldn't take much longer than 2 hours. GL Ill be in Boston the last week of October if you still need help

Josh

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
Yeah.. you wont need to access behind your radio. Just do what the guy above me said. And about the 2 hour thing... it took me 2.5 days lol.

edit: actually I had to access behind my radio to splice the remote wire in. And i took out my whole center console to run my power wire. Ran it under my rear seat and into the trunk.

·
Registered
142 Posts
hmm..... i can do it on a saturday before 1pm or after 4:30. I live in Malden and work in Allston (harvard business school) so its not too far. I work sundays but i can actually do it while at work (8am-4pm), or Wednesdays work too. PM me and we can figure out a time we're both free

I had it in my civic while i finished 2 boxes for some kickers. it was ok, it gave it some light audible bass but nothing that you can feel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts