8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 329 Posts

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Whistler 2010 Meet/Cruise! - Saturday, July 10, 2010

ANNUAL 8th CIVIC WHISTLER CRUISE!!
Powered by Kingsway Honda who has provided us some great Honda prizes/gifts for our event! Big thanks to Peter at Kingsway Honda, much appreciated!! :)

Also on board as a sponsor Garage Five who has provided us with some H & R goods as well as some of their own. Big thanks to Dave at Garage Five, much appreciated!! :)

****The prizes will be awarded for various car categories as well as games, raffles, etc.

:vtec: :vtec: :vtec: :vtec: :vtec: :vtec: :vtec: :vtec: :vtec: :vtec: :vtec:

DATE: Saturday, July 10, 2010

SCHEDULE:
10:00am: Meet @ Hugo Ray Park 1290 - 3rd Street, West Vancouver BC. (Cemetary Road parking lot)
10:20am: Driver's Meeting - MANDITORY FOR ALL DRIVERS (see below)
10:30am: Leave Vancouver
11:30-45: Arrive in Porteau Cove
- Regroup, pictures, games, etc
12:00-15: Depart Porteau Cove
12:30-45: Arrive in Squamish – Canadian Tire Parking lot (Mamquam Road)
- Regroup, pictures, games, time for people to grab food if needed
1:15 -30: Depart Squamish
1:45-2:00: Arrive at lake near Garibaldi Prov. Park
- Regroup, pictures, games, etc
2:15-2:30: Depart lake near Garibaldi Prov. Park
3:00-3:15: Arrive in Whistler Village – parking in gravel/paved lots
3:30ish: Head to gondola to go up mountain ***See below for pricing info
On top of mountain: Wander, see sights, do our own thing?, dinner at BBQ place, head down mountain after dinnerish.
Cruise back to Vancouver as group (time unknown)
Stop at Alice Lake: Regroup, pictures, games, etc
Stop at Darrell Bay: Last regrouping spot before heading back home to Vancity.

:vtec: :vtec: ***ANYONE DRIVING MUST ATTEND THE MANDITORY DRIVER'S MEETING OR THEY MAY BE ASKED TO LEAVE AS THERE WILL BE NO TOLERANCE FOR THOSE WHO BREAK THE RULES*** :vtec: :vtec:

***If anyone needs a contact number PM k06civicEX or Ryan33***

Map of Selected Route

Hugo Ray Park to Darrell Bay, British Columbia - Google Maps

*** BBQ Dinner on top of mountain. $32 for just the BBQ or $58 with lift ticket; otherwise lift tickets are $44 or $40 online. Whistler Blackcomb - Mountain Top Dining

PRE-MEETS: Please inform me of other pre-meets if you'd like them posted here

Cloverdale (aka those ppl on this side of the bridge)
Where: Cloverdale Crossing Shopping Centre - Near Tim Hortons (64 Ave & 176 St)
When: July 10, 2009 - 9:00am (Leaving 9:30am sharp!)
Who:
1) k06civicEX
2) VanSi07
3) CashMoney + friend
4) badassdawg
5)

Richmond (aka those ppl living below sea-level)
Where: Tim Horton's parking lot at Richmond Centre
When: July 10, 2009 - 8 - 8:30am ish to grab breakfast. Leaving @ 9:00am sharp!
Who:
1) mauricetan
2) RipperUpper
3) Exhil w/ carpool
4) ASM.K20 + friends
5) asimo118 (pre-meet only)
6)

ATTENDEES:
1) k06civicEX
2) Ryan33
3) roastpuff
4) CashMoney + 240, rx7, Accord, Benz +1
5) mauricetan +3, Audi (maybe)
6) bksolbadguy
7) VanSi07 (work sch. pending)
8) speedking604 (EP3) + FG friend
9) RipperUpper +1, FG friend
10) badassdawg
11) Sleepy - 80% sure
12) smk (csx)
13) AK_CSX (csx-s)
14) ttk5 (tsx)
15) thesaintnick (maybe)
16) jaemc + exhil as passenger
17) ASM.K20 + FA5, EP3
18) sky_001
19) Pblackcivic +1
20) nismo426
21)

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Thanks for gettin this goin Karissa
I know you said in the other thread you wont be able to go July 17-18 weekend and the Canada day long weekend probably wouldnt be the best idea. So how about July 10-11 weekend?
I'll help out with anything I can but I dont really know what needs to be done since I didnt get to go last year :sadbanana:

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No problem... I guess sometimes a woman just has to take charge! :pinkcoffee:

I've only gone last year, so perhaps those who have gone a few more times can throw some things out here.

There wasn't much planned last year but the cruise up to Whistler with a stop in Shannon Falls, lunch, then everyone kind of parted ways... I'm hoping we can get something a bit more structured this year so more people will come!

The weekend of July 10-11 appears to be feasible... lets see what others have to say and if there is a preference for Saturday or Sunday in general.

·
Registered
330 Posts
July 10 works for me, 11, not so much as that is my sister's birthday.

What was it in previous years? Drive up to Whistler, photoshoot, lunch, then back down? What sort of activities/games do we want to organize? Who has connections with sponsors for prizes/items and so on?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Come to the Poker run in July..., We have loads of people coming over from Vancouver and would love to see a better turnout from the Civic's. We have mostly NSX's and S2000's but I am looking for the Integra and the Civic crowd to make a strong appearance as well. Two cruz's, dinner, prizes, gifts..., and beautiful scenery and great looking cars...,

contact me if you need anymore information..., This is all for charity so please come over and have a good time and help me send some handicapped kids to summer camp.

Dave Donovan
VI S2Ki CO
Poker Run 2010 Organizer

·
Registered
566 Posts
im down for whistler most likley unless im going to a concert on one of thoses dates i'll check.
i know i said this already but im down for biking :) if anyone else is lol hopefully i dont spend all my money before

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Hopefully the cruise will be on a saturday :) Cause i usually have work on sunday :(

The cruise will only be 1 day or you guys plan to stay 1 night in whistler? :)

·
Premium Member
41,908 Posts
Ususally the cruise is up to whislter we eat food and leave....nothing is ever really planned properly for any of our meets.

Harrison run was the best so far, that year we had prizes from sponsors and did stupid things like chug warm tonic water the fastest.

Things to keep in mind when booking a spot for lunch.....how many people are not over 19?

One year a member and his gurl had to go eat by themselves cause they were not of age.

Rules need to get made for these kind of events cause there are losers on the crew that tail gate people or do not keep up with us or just poor ass driving skill in plain english.

I will not tolerate ANYONE who tailgates me, I will nail my brakes and if u hit me I will hit u with my torque wrench so stay off my ass please.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I dont know if we'll be able to get many if any sponsors on board with this amount of time but we can always try.
I think most places in Whistler, including the bars, let minors in before a certain time (8pm?) so that shouldnt be a big deal. But shouldnt be drinking and driving anyways :beer:

I was thinking of maybe going on a weekday. Thurs or fri?? I know that might not work with some of you with work, school, etc. but I thought i would just throw it out there as Im sure the roads would be a bit less busy and so would the restaurants, picture spots, etc.
So we could do 2nd weekend of July or 4th week of July or after

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
im down for whistler most likley unless im going to a concert on one of thoses dates i'll check.
i know i said this already but im down for biking :) if anyone else is lol hopefully i dont spend all my money before
DH biking at bike park?

·
Premium Member
41,908 Posts
I dont know if we'll be able to get many if any sponsors on board with this amount of time but we can always try.
I think most places in Whistler, including the bars, let minors in before a certain time (8pm?) so that shouldnt be a big deal. But shouldnt be drinking and driving anyways :beer:

I was thinking of maybe going on a weekday. Thurs or fri?? I know that might not work with some of you with work, school, etc. but I thought i would just throw it out there as Im sure the roads would be a bit less busy and so would the restaurants, picture spots, etc.
So we could do 2nd weekend of July or 4th week of July or after
They would not allow the minors in at all the day we were there, as well depending on the size of our group they might not even have room for us.

I still remember when we pulled up to some biker bar by Harrison and every one was just starinig at all the civics pulling into their lot. They told us they didnt have any room for us...

I am pretty much easy going about the day we go up I would have to request the day off it is a thur or friday but no big deal.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Oh maybe its a winter thing or it was during one of the festivals. But Im 19 and I thought I was the youngest or one of at least.
If we have a fair sized group maybe we should make a reservation or something.
Im sure saturday will probably be the best day for most people but I kinda like a weekday better since I'll probably stay for the rest of the weekend. But we'll see what works for everyone else

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If I recall correctly, last year they had two sections available for those who were under aged; however the quicker we can decide on the date the easier it would be to make a reservation some where... I've barely been to Whistler but I'm sure there would be a place that could take us!

I think it would be great if we could organize some photo spots along the drive or in Whistler itself.
I agree with Susan, if we can mix the Harrison meet with the Whistler meet it'll be much more enjoyable then our lack of parking-lot meets so we should have a much better turnout!

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I've never actually gone to the bike park. I go to whistler so much for snowboarding but never biking. I dont know Im not that great of a bike rider

·
Registered
566 Posts
^^^^ for everything my set up, box, wires, install but that's with my discount from work or if I go to bpg tuning which I'm sure they'll do a good job it comes to like a total of 900 cuz I can get everything installed at my work for 300 bpg is 564 or something around that range. It was wierd though it seemed like the things I was telling my installer about what bpg said was completly different would you day each installer has there own way of installing?

But yeah sorry I went off topic but whether u wanna bike or not it's not a big deal I've just never have gotten a chance to so if ppl are down Ima jump on it, also if we could get a date or weekend asap that would be awesome it seems like every day I wanna book off has been booked off by everybody else.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I guess installers have their own way of doing things but you're just doing a basic setup, nothing crazy or out of the ordinary, so it shouldnt be vastly different what each of them are saying. That being said I've heard both positive and negative things about your audio installers and your affiliates installers. So if it isnt too much more I'd probably go with bpg. That and I thought you could get anything at a discount? how come only kicker? or is it just the biggest discount for their products?

Im just saying I'll rip it down whistler on my snowboard, albeit with some head and neck injuries, but when it comes to biking i suck lol

Do you work every sat? Bill said you just finished work. I suggested July 10 and that seems to work for most people but then I thought maybe a weekday would be better

1 - 20 of 329 Posts