8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

I have a 07 Civic EX Coupe MT with about 90,000km (56,000miles in US)

Lately, I've been hearing this whining or a humming noise from the rear of the car.
The noise starts right when I reach 102km/h (or 62mph) and the pitch increases as the speed gets higher.

I am assuming it's wheel bearings that needs to be fixed? but I am not sure.

The car has a few mods but nothing related to this issue i think. (K&N SRI, Si axleback, HID, Fogs, Si grille, accord horn)

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Stock tires? How many miles on them? How often do you rotate? Besides it possibly being a bearing, the stock tires on my 07 EX Sedan were nauseating. At 60mph the car would vibrate and hum like crazy, even more noticeable on a smooth surface. That was with only 20,000 miles on the car.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your concern!

The tires are Fuzion HRi 205/55/16

They have about 25,000 miles on it.
These tires aren't that great as it creates a lot of road noise.
However, this whining/humming noise just started to come on so I don't think it is the tire road noise.

·
Registered
606 Posts
25,000 may be a lot for those tires. Check treadwear and possibly rebalance. I get mine rebalanced every rotation (5k miles, covered under road hazard), and the tire place actually recommended getting a rebalance at every rotation, even though they weren't really making any money on the deal. Wouldn't hurt.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Is your car dropped? You could have tire rubbing and need new tires and camber kit. I had this issue with my Si before my camber and new tires. My Si would start to shake and hum too at high speeds. Just sayin a possibility

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Car is on stock suspension.
I will get the wheels rebalanced.
Since the last time i balanced was when I got these tires new

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts