8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey 8th civic family. Just wondering if you guys can help a 8th member decide on which wheels to go with. Also if you guys have any suggestions feel free to tell me. Oh and one more thing, if anyone has time on their hands can they photoshop some of these on my car or a similar looking car. Thanks.

1)

2)

3)

4)

Here is my car:

·
Broke Baller
110,904 Posts
Whats your 1st choice of rims?
My 1st choice is not among those. I've always liked the 5Zigen FN01R-C in bronze. Too bad its not yet TPMS compatible.

I guess it all depends on your budget. A lot will like the VR cause its a complete package. Function and Looks. A little pricey for me thats why I dont even wanna consider it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Talking about for me cause I was considering the R-1 in gold.:biggrin:
Yeah thats one of the reasons why I was considering the R-1 golds because they are not that expensive. But the VR look sweet. I was looking for them in gold and polished lip but there are limited quantities.

·
Broke Baller
110,904 Posts
Yeah. The VR's are sweet. But unless you are a serious racer and really need a light weight rims, then by all means. Thats the main thing for me. It has to be affordable. For me, I dont really care about the brand that much. I just dont feel comfortable having a very expesive set. It will just draw more attention towards your car. Also remember that the wheels are the second lowest part of your car so its more prone to dings and scratch from rocks and pebbles.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
since you're at it, this gold is even better:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah. The VR's are sweet. But unless you are a serious racer and really need a light weight rims, then by all means. Thats the main thing for me. It has to be affordable. For me, I dont really care about the brand that much. I just dont feel comfortable having a very expesive set. It will just draw more attention towards your car. Also remember that the wheels are the second lowest part of your car so its more prone to dings and scratch from rocks and pebbles.
Yea I see what you mean. It would attract alot of thieves out here:police:. It would also hurt to have one of those rims get scratched:eek:hnoes: Yea I got a quote for $2500 for the full set. the R-1's $1099 w/tires lol.

·
Broke Baller
110,904 Posts
I know... Thats one thing I'm afraid of. Last set I bought was $700 with tires. No name brand wheels and tire > Worries. Thats why the 5Zigen will probably the most I would spend for a set of wheels. I was considering the XD-9 at first but its just too pricey for me too. Tires are different story.

·
Registered
46 Posts
If you want to be be different go with with #3, which would look super sick, or some black wheels im starting to see alot of tw's with bronze, looks good dont get me wrong but its getting to be everywhere. good luck with your decision btw.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I like #3 also. I usually prefer which ever is lightest and easiest to clean. I suggest you get a drop first, you might even like the way stock wheels look with a drop.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts