8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Broke Baller
110,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is going to be a quick post and hopefully I get a little answer. Which tire to buy? TIA!

BF Goodrich g-Force Sport
215/40ZR18XL 89W RBL

or

Nitto NT NeoGen ZR
215/40ZR-18 89W BLK

·
Registered
664 Posts
I would reconsider the choice on the BFG. It's sidewall is very stiff especially in cold weather. It's very unforgiving. I can't wait to get rid of it. I have it on my A3 that's not even the S-line only the Premium setup and you can feel every bump. Are you just looking for a good summer tire? If so, look at Falken RT-615 or Hankook Ventus RS-2. Nice and sticky with very agressive cuts.

·
Registered
334 Posts
the bridgestone potenza RE-01R is suppose to be the best overall tire rated by tire rack... awesome grip and handling and the best ride and noise quality in an ultra high performance tire. its the next tire im gonna pick up.

·
Registered
664 Posts
If you are not going to be doing any snow trips, the ones I mentioned are fine for the lower price scale tires without sacrifing the ride. I personally like the Hankooks best for day to day driving because it doesn't beat you up. At 40 series, I would want something to cushion some of the blow. You can also look at the Goodyear F-1. It's very capable in the dry and wet. Not too good in the snow.

·
Broke Baller
110,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you are not going to be doing any snow trips, the ones I mentioned are fine for the lower price scale tires without sacrifing the ride. I personally like the Hankooks best for day to day driving because it doesn't beat you up. At 40 series, I would want something to cushion some of the blow. You can also look at the Goodyear F-1. It's very capable in the dry and wet. Not too good in the snow.
Im looking at 215/40/18 and I dont see those tires available in that size at Discount Tire.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.