8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay when your first read the title you probably went, "not another one!!!" I have read every thread with 225/45/17, 215/45/17, 205/50/17, etc. I have a 08 lx sedan and I'm putting 06 Si rims on it. Yes, I know about them not fitting up front but I've already taken care of that. This is my wifes car so I'm wanting a lil more rubber on her shoes. So in this thread I would like to hear likes and dislikes about different tires sizes on the Si's. Pictures would be nice too! I'm really curious about 225/45/17. I know all about the size differences and the speedo being off. I'm not going to be lowering it yet, if I do it will only probably be no more then 1.5". Thanks!

·
Registered
665 Posts
225/45/17 will fit just fine. and if you use them on stock Si wheels that are 17x7" +45, you should have no problems with a 1.5" drop

-RWC8THC

·
Registered
221 Posts
Nobody has any of these sizes on their Civic?
I am going to when I take off my winter tires.

Same car as you but coupe.

I am using after market 17x7.5 wheels.

I went with the 225's cause I think they will look better.

I wanted +40 offset but could not get in the wheel I wanted so I went with +45.

It should not make to much differance and I will eventually put on the HFP lowering kit.

I have looked at alot of pics with differant variations and for me the 225 set up is going to be just what I want, I think.

·
Banned
717 Posts
215s and 225s will be perfect. anything more can be agressive, and while it may work, it could possible cause rubbing issues, and lowers scale width-wise is usually reserved for winter-only apps, and wouldnt be reccomended at all for year-long use

1 - 6 of 6 Posts