8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forums. I just bought an 08 white SI. I am going to eventually do coilovers but for right now which springs do you guys recommend. I want a decent drop, but i don't want a rough ride. The rodes around here are not good at all. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
Go with Progress, Nice drop and has a good rate too.. Can't beat the price either.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Welcome to 8th Civic Forum

Hope you can find the answers to all your questions from our members along with your input to us. Let me be the first to introduce you to "search" at the top of each page (second from the right on the red line) and the stickies at the beginning of each section. Since the 08 Civic's are slowly making it to the dealerships, it is safe to say most of your questions may be answered by using these tools. If not, post your questions and be ready for the members to offer their vast knowledge on any given subject. Welcome to what I call the "Money Pit". :thumb:

·
Registered
143 Posts
HFP

And to be honest the SI's ride from the factory on stock
suspension is not what I would call a good ride...
So naturally any modification to the suspension will
effect the ride.

Remain With Honda Products ..... HFP

·
Registered
586 Posts
Bombero said:
And to be honest the SI's ride from the factory on stock
suspension is not what I would call a good ride...
So naturally any modification to the suspension will
effect the ride.
Hehe, yeah it's pretty bumpy sometimes.

·
Registered
799 Posts
If you do not want a rough ride, then keeping to a near OE spring rate will help ... Somthing like the HPF, H&R OE Sport would be good choices. The nice thing about the HPF is that it is a kit of shocks and springs ...

Springs alone, are only 1/2 the equation in a suspension setup that works right ... Shocks are as important or more important to ride quality than springs. (Lets not get into bushing, sway bars etc and how they impact ride quality)

Most aftermarket (higher rate springs) will not be matched to the valving in the OE shocks. this mis-match in valving will do a couple of things, wear out your OE shocks faster, and will probably not have enough/proper valving to completely damp the springs. This will cause in many cases a "bouncy" ride.

It is reccomended to optimise both ride quality and suspension performace by matching your springs with appropriately valved shocks. You get appropriate shocks, by either buying them as matched set from the manufacturer, or by purchasing a shock with variable valving ie Adjustable. An Adjustable shock will allow you to match the valving to the spring, and optimise the performance.

Moose

·
Registered
919 Posts
Sexy6Speed said:
comptech.....if you can find them! hehe. pro kit as well!

How would YOU know?!

Yours aren't installed yet!

My pro-kit rides great, and the Comptech is supposed to be just about the same, so I GUESS she's right

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
Why blow money on springs and then buy coilovers? That makes no sense at all. You could just save up, and get better coilovers from the get, not that there are any worth buying at the moment, but thats a different story. All the coilovers on the market and in the future will ride rougher than stock. So, if you want a stock ride, stay with stock parts. If you want a stock ride with better handling, get 4 front camber bolts and max out negative camber and max out front postive caster and set toe to 0 all the way around.

·
Premium Member
3,390 Posts
DanDB64 said:
How would YOU know?!

Yours aren't installed yet!

My pro-kit rides great, and the Comptech is supposed to be just about the same, so I GUESS she's right
ur always hating on my posts!!! i dont get it....? whatever, it just gives me room to back them up. lol. i have ridden in many cars with comptech springs and the ride is grrrreat, and it is very similar to the pro-kit. so i was just going on self experience here.:lildevil:

·
Registered
919 Posts
Sexy6Speed said:
ur always hating on my posts!!! i dont get it....? whatever, it just gives me room to back them up. lol. i have ridden in many cars with comptech springs and the ride is grrrreat, and it is very similar to the pro-kit. so i was just going on self experience here.:lildevil:

I'll show YOU experience when I drop your OTHER tail light too :biggrin:

You know I love to razz you

1 - 17 of 17 Posts