8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've picked out a few rim choices.. I kinda like them all though, so I'm curious to see what you guys think would look best.

1)

$620 shipped

2)

$520 shipped

3)

$620 Shipped

4)

$680 Shipped

I just think they all look good.. and very similiar. And it's just too hard to visualize them on a car without actually seeing them on the car. Even photoshops never seem to be all that accurate.

Opinions? I'm assuming all those prices are shipped as when I put in my address and continued on to the purchase, the total showed $0.0 for shipping... And yes they're all rotas.. and yes my rims will probably be gold since black/red is overplayed (what I originally wanted) and white on white might be too much.

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
I like 2 best, then 3. I've also got a TW FG2, and I think you should powdercoat them white. I don't think it would be busy at all. Or go with red, I doubt it's as played out as you say. Both would look great on TW:thumb:

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Smoot said:
none of them, save up any buy some real wheels
Tell me, what does spending $1500 more for a pair of volks or whatnot get me? Your approval? BFD man. For the most part, Rotas are solidly built and light enough.. they just don't have the name. It's like Old Navy and Abercrombie and Fitch...

I'm 18 years old, and while volks and works and all that would be cool, I really don't give a **** if the name 'rota' is on my rims. ****, I once bought a pair of pants from walmart when I was like 15. I couldn't really care less as long as they look good.

$2000 is a lot of bank for me to throw down right before college. Why bother? I don't need 8thcivic sucking my **** because I bought Volks instead of rotas. I'm fine with it..

But I don't think I'm going to go with any of those rims. A kind soul photoshopped them for me in the PS section and they're just too bright. I need to find more bronze/darker gold rims, I think.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I Vtec said:
Tell me, what does spending $1500 more for a pair of volks or whatnot get me? Your approval? BFD man. For the most part, Rotas are solidly built and light enough.. they just don't have the name. It's like Old Navy and Abercrombie and Fitch...

I'm 18 years old, and while volks and works and all that would be cool, I really don't give a **** if the name 'rota' is on my rims. ****, I once bought a pair of pants from walmart when I was like 15. I couldn't really care less as long as they look good.

$2000 is a lot of bank for me to throw down right before college. Why bother? I don't need 8thcivic sucking my **** because I bought Volks instead of rotas. I'm fine with it..

But I don't think I'm going to go with any of those rims. A kind soul photoshopped them for me in the PS section and they're just too bright. I need to find more bronze/darker gold rims, I think.
yessss rip that richboy up. i hate people who comment like that on threads. if the OP asks a question, dont answer with some whitty richboy response. NOT EVERYONE HAS PARENTS WHO WILL BUY THEM RIMS, AND NOT EVERYONE FEELS LIKE SPENDING MONEY ON RIMS THAT COST AS MUCH AS A BEATER OMG!!!!

btw, go with that color, light gold looks sick, way better than bronze IMO

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
Nope I took them off because I didn't like the way they looked with the Kics R40 lugs I'm running. I want to find some OEM Honda flat hubcaps to cover up the hole but I kind of like the way it looks.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
none of them! I am not a fan of gold rims at all on any color. Go with a white or silver rim, or even chrome for that matter, just stay away from gold and black on TW, it doesn't pop at all.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts