8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been doing research, here and other places, and have decided that polishing is needed for light swirls and a deeper finish. I am pretty well set on einszett polishes as I have seen great results and will not be using a pc. Would you guys recommend Lack Politur (green) or extra paint cleaner compound (yellow) for a car that is religiously washed properly and waxed frequently with P21s? Any and all help is greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Never used 1Z polishes, but I heard they arent the greatest. Stick to SMAT polishes (Basically the abrasives in the polish dont have to break down, so you get great results quickly. Pick up ultimate compound, and SwirlX as those two can be found everywhere, and be sure to pick up plenty foam applicators!

Good luck :) Your arm is going to KILL after its done (Just the truth)

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So you say 1z is not that good? I am looking for something higher end, but not overly expensive (under 50). Anything other than SwirlX recommended? I have seen some porsche detailers get fabulous results using only 1z from start to finish. Also, cannot find SMAT anywhere on teh intranetz.

·
Registered
503 Posts
So you say 1z is not that good? I am looking for something higher end, but not overly expensive (under 50). Anything other than SwirlX recommended? I have seen some porsche detailers get fabulous results using only 1z from start to finish. Also, cannot find SMAT anywhere on teh intranetz.
Not saying 1Z isnt good, but its mainly formulated to Rotary use. SMAT= Super-Micro Abrasive Technology if you want to get something a bit better then SwirlX, and Ultimate Compound go for M105 and M205. Porsche detailers most likely use a Rotary polisher which is not as user friendly as a DA polisher. But honestly if you aren't going to get a polisher, stick to Ultimate Compound and SwirlX as you want need more than a few ounces to do your car, no need to get 32 oz. I say try it out, I'm sure you will see great results!

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Hey Blue, I have a NHBP FG2 and go between Meguiars Gold CLass and Mothers. Right now I am using Mothers and LOVE it. I wax my car about once a month. I suggest you try Mothers 3 step process. My can is a 2008 and it looks as good or better than the day I bought it. I was at the Lamborghini dealership by my house this afternoon and the detailer said my car looked really nice. He asked what I use and I told him. He said, "Wow, maybe we should think about switching to that."

CHeck out this link to the Mothers products. Look at Step 1, 2 and 3.

Mothers® California Gold® Products

·
Registered
503 Posts
Hey Blue, I have a NHBP FG2 and go between Meguiars Gold CLass and Mothers. Right now I am using Mothers and LOVE it. I wax my car about once a month. I suggest you try Mothers 3 step process. My can is a 2008 and it looks as good or better than the day I bought it. I was at the Lamborghini dealership by my house this afternoon and the detailer said my car looked really nice. He asked what I use and I told him. He said, "Wow, maybe we should think about switching to that."

CHeck out this link to the Mothers products. Look at Step 1, 2 and 3.

Mothers® California Gold® Products
Thats an OK system. Its going to give nice results on a well conditioned car, while Ultimate Compound and SwirlX can get the car free of defects. Also the Mothers system has a glaze, which IMO fills small swirls so it can give an appearance that your car is better than it is (not a good long term solution)

As for BlackFire Wet Diamond, heard its good stuff. I'd go try Menzerna Power Lock I heard is about the same, but maybe has a slight edge.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now I am even more confused... I looked at m105 &205 and it seems too hardcore for my car. I only have very minor imperfections and am thinking swirlx or another mild SMAT may be the best course of action. Tough decisions to keep my NHBP looking better than showroom.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Now I am even more confused... I looked at m105 &205 and it seems too hardcore for my car. I only have very minor imperfections and am thinking swirlx or another mild SMAT may be the best course of action. Tough decisions to keep my NHBP looking better than showroom.
For sure SwirlX might meet 80% of your cars paintwork flaws. Always work your way up in abrasiveness. Try out SwirlX, and if you need anything more aggressive, ultimate compound is there :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.