8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guy's im about to order a h.i.d. conversion kit for my 08 si i was going to get both the head and fog lights... but i don't know which one's are the ones i want... i want the brightest darkest shade of blue... but i dont want the violet one's can some body please explain to me which one's are the ones i want so dont order the wrong set ... thanks and if u would be able to tell me the number for both bulbs that would be great.

·
Registered
327 Posts
if its a plug n play kit it will be 9006 for the headlights and 10,000k will be the bluest without being purple not sure about foglights

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Read up on the "HID Lighting Tutorial" sticky before you purchase 10,000K HIDs. The blue light from high K HIDs actually disperses inside the reflector housing and into oncoming traffic. There is nothing worse than to see bright blue HIDs glaring in your eyes cause someone wanted to look "cool". I've seen a lot of old 80's accords with 10,000K and 12,000K HIDs and they look like crap. I would cap out at 6500K, its white enough without looking OEM and its not ricer blue that just blinds oncoming traffic and looks like absolute crap.

Fogs are your choice, if your looking for yellow then 3000K is the way to go, thats what I have and I love them. Otherwise, probably just want to color match them with your low beams.

9006 is your low beam size and H11 is your fog size.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts