1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
345 Posts
Both kits are cheap because they are basic. Some parts are missing like bottle heater, TPS sensor, controller, fuel lean cut switch, window switch.
These all add to the price.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I would grab the proton kit and throw the money into a nitrous controller that has rpm,and gear choices for safety. Thats what I'm leaning towards. Basic bare kit then pick what I want to add like nano nitrous instead of heater.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I would grab the proton kit and throw the money into a nitrous controller that has rpm,and gear choices for safety. Thats what I'm leaning towards. Basic bare kit then pick what I want to add like nano nitrous instead of heater.
yeah im thinking about that too.. also these NX come with better selonoids

·
Registered
512 Posts
besides owning a zex kit myself, i have also been told that the zex kit is the safest kit you can get, especially if you are in the experimental phase with nitrous. if you are around san jose, california and decide to get the zex kit i will gladly help you out with installation

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
besides owning a zex kit myself, i have also been told that the zex kit is the safest kit you can get, especially if you are in the experimental phase with nitrous. if you are around san jose, california and decide to get the zex kit i will gladly help you out with installation
thanks i appreciate the help, im all the way on the east coast though :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
I've had the same NX kit for years and switched them from car to car and it's still working great, can't go wrong with NX.

ZEX kits I feel like are a little bit cheesy with they're control box, you can purchase a WOT switch or a TPS type sensor and have the same function with an NX and cheaper.

You do need the extra stuff with either kit like someone else said, bottle heater, pressure gauge, and fuel safety switch are a must IMO.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts