8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i been lookig around for a navi after since PIONEER has failed me time after time after time, yes i did own 3 pioneer.. i been looking @ a few other brands...

soo im asking all civic 8th gen owners list the navi they got and have it fits , what they like about their navi , dislikes? JVC NX 7000. for 800$ seems to be a greatttt buy, plus it has the added security with the detachable face platee..

im looking @ the
il start off the list

PIONEER AVIC N1
pros
flip up screen, provided a stealth look

cons
flip up mechanism was bound to fail
had to use navi discs
no sd

PIONEER AVIC N3
pros
bigger screen

cons
same as N2

PIONEER AVIC FT 800BT
pros
sd slot
built in navi

Cons
smaller screen
longer boot up time
processor went after a yr

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Ive used the ALpine W505/P1 and now have the W900

I liked how the W505 was focused more around the audio, but I really like how fast the W900 starts up and how much nicer it works once I got used to it, the navi is still a pain as is pretty much SOP for Alpine, but its perfectly functional and works, it just needs polish

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
vtec4life, do u have any pics of the alpine installed in ur car?

my only cool feature i want, i have my music on a 32gb sd card, soo its covienient for me to have that..

·
Registered
86 Posts
Avic-Z110BT.. Highly Recommended.. especially after they just announced a huge update for it at the Pioneer Road Show..

I know you don't like Pioneer, but I've never had any problems, yet.. I did have an old Pioneer single din unit and the motor went bad, I'm hoping that this doesn't happen with this device.

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
If you're looking for Navi as your main priority, I'd suggest going with Kenwood. They use the best navi's out there, Garmin.

Edit: Only con I can think of about Kenwoods would be their iPod interface is slow and unfriendly.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thtsniper.. i had 3 and they all went bad within a year and hlf of owning each device.. with the flip 1s, i expected that bc they flip up and down continously, so the mechanism was bound to go..

but the built in dash ones. the processor went..

im really cosindering this unit right here.. tell me what you think..

JVC KW-NX7000 (kwnx7000) - Car Stereo In-Dash Receiver at Sonic Electronix - Sonic Electronix

or this

Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.

i really like the jvc, especially with the detachable face, i think it might stick out a lil plus the sd slot.. its greatt..

the alpine , is a better known brand, comes w 2 year warranty, but ipod interface built in.
idk out of these 2, which 1 would you get?

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
vtec4life, do u have any pics of the alpine installed in ur car?

my only cool feature i want, i have my music on a 32gb sd card, soo its covienient for me to have that..
INA-W900

can provide a daylight shot for you but either the alpine or crutchfield review has the thing in our dash kit so look around and youll find it

IVA-W505

as for SD card audio, Alpines give you USB, and SD card readers are cheap

i loved my eclipse navi from my last car.
highly recomend them
Eclipse is now gone and dead, so this doesnt work too well

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im tryingg not to spend over 850$ .. i dont really want to get another PIONEER AVIC series.. if i end up getting another pioneer it will be a z3 or az110 but those lack the security feature.. and risk of me getting soemthing that will break in a year or somethingg..

i actually found
PIONEER Z110 FORfor 889$ W STANDRD WARRNTY,1 YR.
the JVC NX 7000 FOR 850$ 4 YR WARRANTY
THE ALPINE W900 FOR 850 W 2 YR WARRANTY

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
well the Metra kit is 'special' in its own way, Ive since put the W900 in a Scosche kit and I love it, it sits alot better and I dont have as many issues with depth

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
What are you doing to break the Pioneer units? If you're breaking them, anything else you put in there is toast. Pioneer are by far the most durable mass-production head units out there.

Hans

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
yeah the OEM/Scosche kits look alot nicer and have the ability to tuck the unit further back, the Metra kit has depth restrictions that pretty much require you to push the unit further forwards, besides that just the fact that motorized screens portrude on their own anyways

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
im tryingg not to spend over 850$ .. i dont really want to get another PIONEER AVIC series.. if i end up getting another pioneer it will be a z3 or az110 but those lack the security feature.. and risk of me getting soemthing that will break in a year or somethingg..

i actually found
PIONEER Z110 FORfor 889$ W STANDRD WARRNTY,1 YR.
the JVC NX 7000 FOR 850$ 4 YR WARRANTY
THE ALPINE W900 FOR 850 W 2 YR WARRANTY
where did you find the alpine for 850??

1 - 20 of 21 Posts