8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
5,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i want to get motor mounts but unsure of which. anyone with experience that can tell me what they think would be helpful. i have read all the threads about this but still on the fence. i seen there are 2 sets of boomba mounts. (driver and passenger and transmission) $250 and (upper and lower dogbone and front) $232. do i need both sets? i looked at innovative mounts too and they seem more simple than the boomba cuz you can only buy 1 set after you pick the type of driving you do. what set do i go with. i keep having my stock mounts loosening up and have to go to the dealer for the fix. i want to avoid the stock mounts coming loose altogether. plus i just ultimately want to have no motor flex at all.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
id personally go with innovative.. if your just doing bolt-on's the lower stiffness will be fine.. they are plenty stiff.. id only go with the higher ones if u plan on making alot of power and racing alot... even the lower ones will make things alot stiffer.. and you will feel that more in the car

·
Premium Member
14,538 Posts
+1 on the Innovative mounts. I have the Innovative 60A mounts and they are perfect for the street. They solved my problem of my header hitting against the subframe. The vibrations during normal driving is minimal. The only time I really notice the vibrations are when the A/C or heater are running.

·
Banned
6,259 Posts
I use the boomba mounts. I'm sure they are very similar to innovative. I REALLY like the boomba's. I feel like the car should have come that way stock.

·
Registered
967 Posts
if saving money isnt important to you go with Innovative one, they seem like they dont cause as much vibration as the boomba ones. they booth great quality though. personally i bought the boomba torque mounts and save $115. the boomba's do cause a good amount of vibration but only coming out of 1st gear and if you too much throttle while under 2000 rpm. i dont track my car but i got them for if i ever got a race header.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts