8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking into adding a suspension kit too my car but am debating on which route I want to take. Which setup do u guys think is better, the Eibach Pro Kit with a rear camber kit or the HFP suspension kit? Also which is better for long term reliability?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
HFP for long term reliability. Id say the HFP is better, only because your getting dampers compared to just springs with the ebach pro kit. If you get the pro kit, your just going to be putting unwanted stress on your stock dampers.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Izzy said:
Before HighRev1 or any of the other suspension gurus open their yaps :thumb: I SEE YOU LucasBlack! ;)

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41081

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46858

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46108

However, if it's just a aesthetic thing, people seem to like the Prokits for their close-to-stock feel.

:biggrin:

when i saw this thread, my first thought was "shouldn't this be in the suspension and brakes forum?"

anyway, those are very good links to reference before making changes. (got to love research :smile:)
...and on that note, i would highly suggest the HFP susp., because there's nothing wrong with getting better suited dampers when you lower your car. and (as the links will reaffirm) actually there's quite a bit "right" about better dampers. :smile:

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Izzy said:
Before HighRev1 or any of the other suspension gurus open their yaps
I am everywhere Man I get called out even out of the suspension area :(

“1. There is no "best"...

2. In order to pick what may work best for you're application, you need to take a look at what the car is doing now... cant make improvements if you have no base line to compare it to. So, what’s the car doing now that is unsatisfactory? and is it actualy the car thats causing the problem or is it the driver? This means learn how to drive your car to the absoulute LIMIT before you modify it!!!!!

3. People tend to recomend what they have or what they've heard is "best" rather then give any sort of usefull info. So be picky as to who you take your advice from. EVEN ME I am heavily biased towards a race oriented setup.

4. You'll probably gain more by picking out the right tire then you would by changing out the suspension....

·
Registered
649 Posts
Highrev1 said:

2. In order to pick what may work best for you're application, you need to take a look at what the car is doing now... cant make improvements if you have no base line to compare it to. So, what’s the car doing now that is unsatisfactory? and is it actualy the car thats causing the problem or is it the driver? This means learn how to drive your car to the absoulute LIMIT before you modify it!!!!!

3. People tend to recomend what they have or what they've heard is "best" rather then give any sort of usefull info. So be picky as to who you take your advice from. EVEN ME I am heavily biased towards a race oriented setup.

4. You'll probably gain more by picking out the right tire then you would by changing out the suspension....
well said....again. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Highrev1 said:

I know there is no best, it all depends on the drivers preferences. But he gave us 2 choices, and out of those 2 i can confidently say the the HFP kit would be more practical because dampers are more important than the springs themselves, therefore he would be better suited to get the HFP Kit.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Not so much the drivers preference as which one can acutally reduce time in a turn, right?

Correct the dampers are more important but with that said....

Which would be better the slightly better dampers that come with the HFP kit or the more aggressive alignment he will be able to get with the addition of the rear camber kit?

·
Registered
649 Posts
Highrev1 said:
Not so much the drivers preference as which one can acutally reduce time in a turn, right?

Correct the dampers are more important but with that said....

Which would be better the slightly better dampers that come with the HFP kit or the more aggressive alignment he will be able to get with the addition of the rear camber kit?

with that said highrev1, rear camber isn't exactly our problem. if anything, in hopes that lowering on the eibachs will warrant a decent amount of front neg. camber, and then perhaps if he adjust the rear camber arms to then have a little less neg. camber then stock, then maybe that all-together will help the car to rotate more efficiently. (*if my thinking is way off, please proceed to smack me with the appropriate smilie :smile:)

with all that said, perhaps the hfp and a set of camber bolts for the front could create a nice lil package deal.....but then again a driver with a stock si could probably still out-handle him if there is a lack of serious seat time and learning on his part........

one of the biggest performance handicaps to any car is the person behind the wheel
:biggrin:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts